What percentage of the time do you carry?

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Precision

What percentage of the time do you carry?

Post by Precision »

for those of you in anti 2A states, you are given dispensation.

For the rest of you, of the time that it is legal, what percentage of the time to you carry your gun?

for example: my last job as a school teacher made it a felony to carry at work. So I didn't carry there. this would not cut into my percentage.
At a job before that, it was legal but highly despised (hospital) I carried there every day. Not carrying there would cut into my percentage.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
PawPaw

Re: What percentage of the time do you carry?

Post by PawPaw »

Pretty much 100%, but I'm a cop, so there's that. If I'm on duty I'm strapped, if I'm off duty, I'm carrying. I don't carry in the shower, but the revolver is in my pocket, and I don't carry in bed, but the revolver is in my pocket on the floor. So, honestly, I carry 2/3 of the time.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Pretty much everywhere, and at all times.

Now that I have my nifty pelican case, I even fly w one, unless it's too close to crazy land. (EG, flying to NH is too risky, IMO, given what can happen if I am diverted to Boston, and the very low crime rate of rural New England.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
randy

Post by randy »

Close to 100%. When going somewhere where carry is not legal (such as the building I work in), I have something in the vehicle.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote:Close to 100%. When going somewhere where carry is not legal (such as the building I work in), I have something in the vehicle.
Yeah, what he said.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I'm guilty of getting complacent. I'll leave it in the glovebox, but it is always within a short walk away. I know, still not good enough. Let's call it 75% and I'm trying to improve on this with better wardrobe choices, etc.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Since I joined the Air Force, pretty much never. Not counting deployments, anyway. Living in the UK and South Korea kinda precluded that. Working on an Air Force base, same deal. Been shopping around for a decent carry piece, but none of the compacts and subcompacts I've seen around here have really grabbed me. Can't quite get away with carrying a full-size all the time down here like I could back home.
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

I'm probably 70%. I don't carry at work (really not practical for a mess of reasons), but where legal, it's in my truck. Wasn't an issue until last week, as I've spent the last six months in the gray area of a rare Utah no-no zone. Beyond that, if I'm dressed, I'm armed. If I'm not dressed, it's very likely within arms reach.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Jered

Post by Jered »

Pretty much all of the time that I'm out of the house. In the house, I pretty much have a firearm or two within my reach at all times. (Yes, I even have on in the bathroom.)
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Close to 100% of the time that it's legal, however it should be noted that I work in the terrorist protection zone.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop