How does a young girl defend herself?

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
PawPaw

Re: How does a young girl defend herself?

Post by PawPaw »

Taser C2. Wildly effective, and the C2 has features not found on the LEO version. LIke the ability to "stack rides", so that the potential victim has the ability to flee. Couple a C2 with a can of OC spray, and you've got a layered defense that should provide ample defense and amusement when she's telling the story later.

Of course, her best defense is doing all the smart things, staying in a group, not being alone in a dark alley, maintaining situational awareness, etc,etc. But, when it goes South, I'd love to have a C2 in my pocket.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Windy Wilson wrote:Sorry to resuscitate a five months dead thread, but this epitomises the idea that the fox can't handle the rabbit that fights back,
A rabbit once kicked my ass after I'd had too much scotch. I was trying to procure him as dinner for the school mascot. I was grabbing for a joke, and he was fighting for his life. There's probably a lesson there somewhere...
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Not a stick, not for a healthy 18-year-old, unless she's hiking in the woods somewhere.
Www.real-self -defence.com/unbreakable-umbrella will look more normal if a person without gray hair carries it, particularly in zn area of the country where it rains more than one month of the year.
Expensive, and it is relying on a "magic"talisman rather than skill and mindset, so perhaps a hot cup of coffee and Krav Maga would be better.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

tfbncc wrote:Self Defense Store. Everything from keychain weapons up to Tasers. (I didn't know tasers were legal for civilians to carry)
Two points. First, yeah, the TaserC2 was designed for anyone to carry. Some stores sell them, or you can purchase them online. However, you can't turn it on until you hook it to your computer and go through the registration online. Once you're registered, Taser will do a background check and turn on the device. It just takes a few minutes, a lot faster than the NICS check at your LGS.

Second point. LEOs are civilians. Unless they're military, in uniform. I know that it's fashionable these days to use the term "civilian" for folks who aren't LEOs, but the use bespeaks a sloppy command of the English language, and reveals a lazy intellect. Civilians are those people who are not subject to the UCMJ. I've been a street cop for over 30 years, and a civilian the whole time, except for those periods when I was working for my Uncle.

Like many thinking individuals, I've noticed an increasing militarization of the local police forces, and I decry it. I'm a cop of the old school, and by that I mean that I've been schooled in the traditions and history of policing. One of Robert Peel's most famous principles was :
Peelian Principle wrote:"The police are the public and the public are the police."
This is taught in every Criminal Justice 101 courses everywhere.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House