Elderly Man Kills Intruder in TX

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Jered

Elderly Man Kills Intruder in TX

Post by Jered »

DALLAS -
An elderly man shot and killed a would-be burglar inside his Oak Cliff home.
"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."
Wow, just wow. I have no hope for the human race.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Aesop

Re: Elderly Man Kills Intruder in TX

Post by Aesop »

"He could have used a warning," Lakesha Thompson, Pipkins' sister-in-law, said. "He could have let him know that he did have a gun on his property and he would use it in self-defense."
He conveyed all that information quite precisely and succinctly when he pulled the Bang switch. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to "Some mistakes are so egregious you don't get to make two of them in one lifetime."
Climbing into someone's house is just as hazardous as exiting planes in flight without a parachute.
Boo frickin' hoo.

Next suggestion...?
Last edited by Aesop on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Jered

Post by Jered »

Aesop wrote:"Some mistakes are so egregious you don't get to make two of them in one lifetime."
That is signature material there.

Can I steal it?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Public domain, be my guest.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Seems like he let him know it pretty well.... :roll:
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

And thefterized
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Actually, you know what? Maybe she has a point. Crime could do with a bit more civility.

"Hello?"
"Hi, is this the resident at 324 Park Avenue? I'd like to make a burglary appointment at your house tomorrow night at about 2 AM."
"Well, in that case, you should know that all people wishing to make a burglary appointment receive a mandatory lead vaccination on entry, free of charge."
"I see. I guess I'll take my business elsewhere then! Goodbye."

Buuuut nooooo. Look, if you don't call ahead, you shouldn't be surprised when things don't turn out in a less than ideal fashion. You can't just invite yourself over at all hours, it just isn't done.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Jericho941 wrote:Actually, you know what? Maybe she has a point. Crime could do with a bit more civility.

"Hello?"
"Hi, is this the resident at 324 Park Avenue? I'd like to make a burglary appointment at your house tomorrow night at about 2 AM."
"Well, in that case, you should know that all people wishing to make a burglary appointment receive a mandatory lead vaccination on entry, free of charge."
"I see. I guess I'll take my business elsewhere then! Goodbye."

Buuuut nooooo. Look, if you don't call ahead, you shouldn't be surprised when things don't turn out in a less than ideal fashion. You can't just invite yourself over at all hours, it just isn't done.
:lol:
I'm reminded by this of nothing as much as the scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when he tells the astonished zeppelin passengers "No ticket!"