CO student was suspended standing up to bully when attacked

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
308Mike

CO student was suspended standing up to bully when attacked

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni - just ANOTHER incident of NO TOLERANCE = NO BRAINS:
Colorado boy says he was suspended for standing up to bully who was attacking him
Published April 19, 2012
FoxNews.com

A 9-year-old Colorado boy claims he was suspended from his elementary school after fighting back against a bully who was beating him.

Nathan Pemberton, a third-grader at West Elementary School in Colorado Springs, was suspended Tuesday following a physical altercation with another student, Fox affiliate KDVR-TV reported.

"One kid kicked me in the back, then punched me in the face. Then I punched him in the face and then I got in trouble," the boy told the station.

The boys parents said their son has repeatedly complained of being bullied at school.

"Finally, yeah, we told him, if you have to, if there’s nobody else around, you do what you have to do," said his mother, Deborah Pemberton.

"The school had told us and told him as well, just walk away. Walk away, find a teacher," Pemberton said. "Well, when those things happened, and he did find a teacher, there was hardly any repercussions."

A school released a statement to the station saying that the district has a "no tolerance student discipline policy."

"If a student is involved in a physical altercation on school property, they are automatically suspended," the statement said. "District 11 schools employ many anti-bullying teaching techniques … and none of these methods include violence or retaliation."

Click for more on this story from Fox 31
READ: "We are unable to use our brains disciplinary policy" - typical liberal bullshite!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Catbird

Re: CO student was suspended standing up to bully when attac

Post by Catbird »

De-escalating and avoiding the confrontation is usually best, but the bully usually doesn't give you that option.

If you know you're going to be suspended for defending yourself, you might as well make it worth getting suspended for.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

308Mike wrote: "If a student is involved in a physical altercation on school property, they are automatically suspended,"
Well, that's much easier than thinking...
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Catbird wrote:De-escalating and avoiding the confrontation is usually best, but the bully usually doesn't give you that option.

If you know you're going to be suspended for defending yourself, you might as well make it worth getting suspended for.
Agreed, so I hope the kid knocked out one of the bully's teeth, or at least blackened one of his eyes, broke a rib, or crushed one of his testicles. That'll teach him!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

I fear for the future of this once-great nation.
randy

Post by randy »

Darlin' Daughter's instructions are to never start a fight, but if attacked she is to take the bastard/bitch out. CINCHOUSE and I will deal with the administration.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

randy wrote:Darlin' Daughter's instructions are to never start a fight, but if attacked she is to take the bastard/bitch out. CINCHOUSE and I will deal with the administration.
As how it should be, as long as she was defending herself and doing as you taught her, she'll be fine - after all, YOUR teachings and instructions will mean FAR more to her than what they say at school (teaching out of a textbook of questionable viewpoints and pushing the current PC administration viewpoints).

My parents did the same thing as you're doing, but back then (1960's) in the Principal's office, *I* didn't get in trouble, but the turd trying to push me around and got a Judo throw for his efforts got in trouble (but not a suspension - having the recess school yard watch me throw him to the ground was enough punishment). The whole thing was over after that and he never screwed with me again, and I got a reputation (as a fighter) I didn't ask for (in GRADE SCHOOL). But I didn't fight the reputation either - nobody screwed with me afterwards and I didn't *have* to fight again while going to school (through high school).

Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Fox and Friends had the kid and his parents on early this morning. I didn't think they came across very well.

I never started a fight in my life, but never lost a fight, either. Most people had sense enough to not mess with me. I got bullied by a little runt once in elementary school, and gave him back in spades what he gave me. I went to the principal's office for that. A big kid bullied me in junior high once, he wound up in a headlock with me beating his face in.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Precision

Post by Precision »

I was 5'8 150# in high school. Just like now. Very few people got in fights with me. NONE ever wanted a second fight. Much like today, I attempt to walk away; but if my hand is forced I fight like they are trying to kill me.

I have even learned to warn people of that. "I really don't want to fight, but be aware that I will. I will also be attempting to kill you as I don't believe there is anything worth fighting over that isn't worth dying over....Your move."

That usually gets me a final verbal "thrashing" as they decide against it. Which is very fine by me.

I teach kids, never start a fight, but always be willing to finish it. Never back down from a bully even if it means - as my father says - "at least making them pay for a light lunch when they thought they were getting free dinner". Most bullies are only interested in the free that comes with bluff and bravado, not the effort and pain involved in an actual fight.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

There's nothing more foolish, infuriating and illustrative of the mush for brains left than a parent or educator saying, "I don't care who started it."

Dennis Prager has a good rant on this subject.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story