Defensive Tactics Against Mobs

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
henrybowman

Re: Defensive Tactics Against Mobs

Post by henrybowman »

Aesop wrote:Border Patrol, other assorted agencies, and more than a few of the nearby residents get a little pissy about fires along the border. The smugglers frequently start them as it is, specifically to break pursuers' tracking efforts. Then the desert winds pick them up, and after that, they're the ultimate "f*** you!" addressed To Whom It May Concern. So probably not there.

I'm trying to mentally come up with a way to do this, as opposed to bootlegging it and hoping I didn't burn down something important.
At this point, I'm thinking I could approach it as a "Mythbusters" sort of project, and approach the FD who responds to a local track, and suggest they could use it as good training at the same time, probably at their local fire training area. Several local airports do avgas burns for training too, but then (no $#!^) the EPA and the local clean air Nazis (SCAQMD) get into the act, and it's a full-on government gang-bang weenie roast.
Like actual decent projects, it isn't the $ cost that's the problem, it's the $$$$ cost of doing it right.

On the other hand, a pressure-activated device has a lot of evil merit to it.
Or something like a Stealth fougasse. For informational purposes only, of course.

This is why I love this tread.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

It would be tricky to get right - but some type of concussion charge to aerosolize... Say diesel fuel, and igniting the vapor w an electric discharge or a blasting cap, might work - could really make anything too large , but it would be highly terrifying...

I know grain solos can blow, if the dust gets up, and a high enough spark occurs (from what I remember being told as a kid, the dust gets charged, and then a spark essentially ignites all the dust at once.

Not sure how to do that, but it would be a heck of a trick.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Any decent US military manual circa 1955-1975 on improvised explosives, esp. SF materials on same, is pretty crystal clear on how to go about making flour bombs ("dust initiated explosive devices"). Or so I hear. :twisted:
Last edited by Aesop on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Termite

Post by Termite »

Aesop wrote:Any decent US military manual circa 1955-1975 on improvidsed explosives, esp. SF materials on same, is pretty crystal clear on how to go about making flour bombs ("dust initiated explosive devices"). Or so I hear. :twisted:
50%/50% mixture of FFFg and magnesium flash powder, SCH 80 plastic piping, model rocket igniter, 9volt battery, thumbtacks, wooden clothes-pins, 22ga wire, and 50# black Spyderwire fishing string.....

Some assembly required. 8-)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
randy

Post by randy »

Aglifter wrote:It would be tricky to get right - but some type of concussion charge to aerosolize... Say diesel fuel, and igniting the vapor w an electric discharge or a blasting cap, might work - could really make anything too large , but it would be highly terrifying...
The military version of this is FAE (Fuel Air Explosive). Very good against unarmored vehicles and Soft Pudgies in the open.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

According to my goodie bag they let me take home....

ST21-180 Chapter III-2 is the starting point to learn all sorts of stuff.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

a 10/22 with a dozen or so magazines, firing into the crowd from an elevated position.

Sure you'll go to hell, and jail, but I bet you the crowd will disperse with a quickness. (Aim for the women)
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Assuming that the entire mob acts as one and doesn't find a staircase in their mass retreat.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Jericho941 wrote:Assuming that the entire mob acts as one and doesn't find a staircase in their mass retreat.
Mobs won't go for vengeance. They avoid hazards like fish in schools.
henrybowman

Post by henrybowman »

Yogimus wrote:
Jericho941 wrote:Assuming that the entire mob acts as one and doesn't find a staircase in their mass retreat.
Mobs won't go for vengeance. They avoid hazards like fish in schools.
This is very true, noting but group think..