Be Prepared When Driving in Your Car.......

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
308Mike

Be Prepared When Driving in Your Car.......

Post by 308Mike »

Be Prepared When Driving in Your Car....... for OTHER people to run red lights and crash into or around you while you're just going about your day in a safe manner, obeying the laws, rules, and regulations - and yet SOME ASSHOLE STILL SLAMS into your car!!!

These are also why you should NOT even consider drinking and driving even if your regular driving is well above average even when you've had a little too much to drink (but could still pass all the field coordination tests). You can always become involved in an accident that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with you, your driving, and whether or not you're impaired. You can be T-boned in an intersection without any warning, even though you and the other car are the ONLY vehicles on the road for miles around!

PLEASE, drive aware, drive safely, and keep an eye out for THE OTHER DRIVER!!!

After watching some of those crashes, you just KNOW some of those people are still dealing with the traumatic injuries sustained, and possible loss of a loved one's life.

PAY ATTENTION and please spread what you see on this video to help make other's aware that driving time is NOT the time to be doing make-up, reading the sports section, texting, or trying to discipline the kids. Driving is SERIOUS business, and needs to be thought of as such!

Be safe, go home tonight in one piece.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Guncrazy

Re: Be Prepared When Driving in Your Car.......

Post by Guncrazy »

Wonder how many of those runners were texting.

I've had two near-misses in the last week alone, thanks to people with their eyes clearly on their phones.
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

These aren't people trying to beat the red light either, just not paying attention.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

"Half of everybody is below average." -unknown

"Some of them are WAY below average" -me
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

I had to warn a friend visiting from NYC that running the yellow/red is the national sport down here, and that her "hit the gas before the folks behind you start honking" reflex could be troublesome. First words out of her mouth after the greetings was, "Holy $#|+, you weren't kidding about them running the lights down here!" :lol:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Cybrludite wrote:I had to warn a friend visiting from NYC that running the yellow/red is the national sport down here, and that her "hit the gas before the folks behind you start honking" reflex could be troublesome.
ESPECIALLY at left turn signals during rush hour.
Honestly, N'awlins is the WORST. After the left turn signal turns red, you can count on at least 3 extra cars turning thru it.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
mousegun

Post by mousegun »

I commute on a motorcycle in Los Angeles traffic and have done so for many, many years. I can safely say I have seen/experienced ALMOST everything there is to see. I ride for your bad driving and I still have close calls all too frequently.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Bah. You guys should try winter driving in Anchorage sometime. It's about like being in a knife fight.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

The ghetto folk that populate the part of town where Jennifer works are funny. And, by funny I mean 'suicidal dipshits.' There's this one intersection that we pass through where people will run the red like clockwork. Every. Time. I've gotten to the point that I'll blow my horn on the way through that intersection regardless of what else is going on.
Jered

Post by Jered »

The Westminster and Harbor Blvds intersection. Someone was watching out for that guy!
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.