'stabless knives' on sale in the UK

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Greg

Re: 'stabless knives' on sale in the UK

Post by Greg »

moose42 wrote:
“It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”
Umm yeah, well you might be able to cut JUGULAR VEINS!
Now why does someone saying you can't kill anyone by cutting make me think "Across is for show, up is for go." :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Erik

Post by Erik »

That statement makes me think of the old story about the CIA testing potential assassins by giving them a gun with blanks, and telling them to kill their significant others. Worked well until one woman decided to finish the job by beating her husband to death with the gun instead... 8-)
If there's a will, there's a way.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Erik wrote:That statement makes me think of the old story about the CIA testing potential assassins by giving them a gun with blanks, and telling them to kill their significant others. Worked well until one woman decided to finish the job by beating her husband to death with the gun instead... 8-)
If there's a will, there's a way.
An old wives tale, but a funny one.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
BadgerAZ

Post by BadgerAZ »

Huh. I always thought Alice in Wonderland was a fairy tale, yet here we are living in it.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

SeekHer wrote: The truth--you win a knife fight by slashing at his arteries; wrist, behind the knees and throat and let him drain out, become groggy and slow moving, then you slash his throat and walk away...
I can add some corroborating empirical data ;) :-

I've been stabbed, penetrating wounds, in three seperate incidents, on each occasion I didn't know anything about it until afterwards because it didn't hit anything vital. It's amazing how many holes you can poke in a human body and still miss the important bits.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

You could use a wine cork as a conversion kit to make pointy knives into "stab free" knives. :lol:
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

I remember a murder case a few years ago where someone rammed a screwdriver into their victims brain. Seems a sharpened point isn't even needed to kill.

Of course, screwdrivers will be next... :roll:
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Well, as long as they've got raspberries, bananas, poin-ted sticks, easily-releasable tigers, and airborne 16-tonne weights, England will never be victimized!
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds