Daggers From Files

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Darrell

Daggers From Files

Post by Darrell »

This young guy does a pretty darn good job, considering what he has to work with:

https://youtu.be/xW9W6Crpi3w
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Netpackrat

Re: Daggers From Files

Post by Netpackrat »

Thanks, I enjoyed that a lot.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

That was neat to watch. Now, I have even more reason to buy an angle grinder.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I think that would take me the better part of a week.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

nice work.

That is one of those guys that does the PVC bows. I like his no tools atlatl video.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

JustinR wrote:That was neat to watch. Now, I have even more reason to buy an angle grinder.
You don't have one?! :shock:

Here's a hint, if you can swing it, go for a Metabo, Fein, or possibly a Makita,, otherwise, just buy the 13 dollar hf and treat it as disposable. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I posted the link to this video elsewhere, and I thought the following comment was worth mentioning here:
Incidentally, he mentions “buffing” the blade. I stopped doing actual buffing and went to satin finished blades because buffing can be dangerous as hell. I had one snatched out of my hand and fired across the shop and one of the better known professional custom makers was killed instantly when a blade got him in the chest. When I get back into it again, I’m going to mix bead blasting and satin-sanded finishing on the blades.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

A local shop refused to buff a knife I made some years ago, for the same reason.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

There is always hand polishing. A lot of time involved though.
evan price

Post by evan price »

HTRN wrote:
JustinR wrote:That was neat to watch. Now, I have even more reason to buy an angle grinder.
You don't have one?! :shock:

Here's a hint, if you can swing it, go for a Metabo, Fein, or possibly a Makita,, otherwise, just buy the 13 dollar hf and treat it as disposable. :ugeek:
That Harbor.Freight grinder is a piece of junk, BUT, when you can get it for $7 with coupon, buy a couple, run them until they burn out, and it's all good. I told a guy last week the knotted wire brush cost more than the grinder.
Old Milwaukee or porter cable, Fein, they are ok. Modern milwaukee, makira, ryobi, etc all taiwan junk.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!