Stash of 16" US bayonets

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Steamforger

Stash of 16" US bayonets

Post by Steamforger »

A friend posted on FB this morning that they have found "lots of" 16" bayonets in one of their lockers. No word as of yet what the plan is for them, though I suggested selling them for MWR funds if possible.

I could take a big chunk out of this months bills if I could find just a "few of" these....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod

Re: Stash of 16" US bayonets

Post by Rod »

Got one from CMP in Anniston, went for around 125, if I'm not mistaken.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Unfortunately in situations like this, there's the "right way" (shakes head slowly), and the "wrong way" (nods head vigorously).

The right way is to send them to DRMO, where they will possibly be destroyed, or with luck, sold at auction, where the money will go into some slush fund that the unit will never see again.

The wrong way is to make them quietly disappear into the hands of the troops if they aren't on any paperwork. Of course, there's some ways that are better than others to do this. "Hey soldier, nice haircut! You won a bayonet!"
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The correct answer is to have DARPA perfect the technology that will enable the blades to glow blue whenever Johhnie Jihadi is near, then issue them to the smaller statured soldiers on guard duty.

Call it Project Bilbo.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Aesop wrote:The correct answer is to have DARPA perfect the technology that will enable the blades to glow blue whenever Johhnie Jihadi is near, then issue them to the smaller statured soldiers on guard duty.
I thought they were supposed to glow in the presence of lawyers? :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

The Feegle are not to be trifled with.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

No, find a way to fit them to an M4. Gunblades for everybody!
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Those are almost long enough to be issued as NCO swords.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

SoupOrMan wrote:No, find a way to fit them to an M4. Gunblades for everybody!
IIRC, Mad Mike Williamson does bayonet conversions. I remember seeing a Swiss Engineer's bayonet with M-16 fittings on his web site.

ETA: Yes, here it is.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Aesop wrote:The correct answer is to have DARPA perfect the technology that will enable the blades to glow blue whenever Johhnie Jihadi is near, then issue them to the smaller statured soldiers on guard duty.

Call it Project Bilbo.
Does that mean Obama is Gollum with his "precious" nuclear football?
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL