Friend's brother made a knife

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Weetabix

Friend's brother made a knife

Post by Weetabix »

A guy I work with has a brother who makes stuff out of metal. He's building a hot rod with amazing bumpers and such.

Anyway, he made this knife out of a hoof rasp. Enjoy...
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Re: Friend's brother made a knife

Post by Greg »

That is weird and disturbed and fascinating and a lovely piece of work all at the same time. I'd like to see more of his work.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

If that's one of his early efforts, he's doing well. He's got many of the basic concepts in it and he can polish well.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Sweet.

My personal fave was a guy with a forge at the ren faire; he'd gotten his hands on 2" twisted steel bridge cables being discarded, torch cut them into 12 inch sections, and then pounded them into the most incredible Damascus blades I've ever seen.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

That is too cool. Are the serrations still rough to the touch?
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

It's not really a blade shape I personally like, but a very nice piece of work. The handle is great.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Darrell wrote:That is too cool. Are the serrations still rough to the touch?
No. He ground the ... filey bits off. That's what's left of the working part of the file/rasp.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Aesop wrote:Sweet.

My personal fave was a guy with a forge at the ren faire; he'd gotten his hands on 2" twisted steel bridge cables being discarded, torch cut them into 12 inch sections, and then pounded them into the most incredible Damascus blades I've ever seen.
It's called "Wire Damascus". Typically, they use a welder on both ends to hold the bundle together whiled it's being forge welded.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

NICE!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

very nice , cool effect.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.