New Knives

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
MarkD

New Knives

Post by MarkD »

Well, my new knives arrived yesterday, so I got my first look at them.

Here they are:

Kershaw Skyline

Kershaw Chill

And also:

A sharpener

My first impressions are very positive. The knives didn't arrive especially sharp, but a little touch-up with the new sharpener fixed that quick. They're now razor sharp, I'm seriously considering getting a few more of those sharpeners and keeping them in the kitchen, garage, tool-box, tackle-box, backpack, etc.

First, they're LIGHT. The two knives together don't weigh any more than my Storm, itself not a real heavy knife. Good for what I want, something I carry a lot and use a little.

Both flip open easily with one-hand, but with no assisted opening. The grips feel very secure and non-slip. The blade locks securely, but releases easily when it's time to close it up.

I have to switch the clip around, I like a knife pointed the other way when I clip it to my pocket. It was raining last night and my torx screwdrivers are in the garage, didn't feel like getting wet to get them.

Time will tell how they stand up to use, but if I'm half as happy as I was with my last Kershaw knife I'll be real happy with these.
Denis

Re: New Knives

Post by Denis »

Lucky you! Well wear.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

My only complaint about the Skyline is its a bit small in the hand. If it were even just 25% larger, it would be a major improvement.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Those look pretty sweet.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Steamforger wrote:My only complaint about the Skyline is its a bit small in the hand. If it were even just 25% larger, it would be a major improvement.
I haven't noticed that (not that I've used it to actually CUT anything yet, but...), and I have pretty big hands. Maybe if I used it all day I'd notice an issue, but since I probably use it a few times a week to cut open a box, cut string, cut fishing line, etc I doubt I'll have a problem.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Another observation. I'm carrying the Skyline today, I keep thinking I left my knife home because I don't feel the familiar weight in my pocket. Like I said, these knives are LIGHT.