Why A "Neck Knife?"

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
PawPaw

Re: Why A "Neck Knife?"

Post by PawPaw »

Termite wrote:Duck hunters in chest waders have been known to wear them. Personally I think a better option than cutting your waders off is to wear the PFD inflatable suspenders.
I duck hunted Catahoula lake for many years, but quit when steel shot became mandatory. So, I have some small expertise to share.

Many of us believe that the best thing to do with waders is to cut a small hole near the ankle of each leg for drainage. That way, when water sloshes over your waders into your nether regions, it can conveniently drain out through the ankles and you won't walk out of the marsh with your waders full of water, looking like the Michelin man.

Trust me, you'll be just as dry as anyone else who's wearing waders.

But a neck knife? No, my knife is either in my pocket or in my backpack.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I once read that a neck knife was a good option when canoeing/rafting. I think the logic was that you could lose everything else but still have a knife. I can't remember why the knife on your belt went away. Hung up on a branch?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:I once read that a neck knife was a good option when canoeing/rafting. I think the logic was that you could lose everything else but still have a knife. I can't remember why the knife on your belt went away. Hung up on a branch?
Rather depends on what you're wearing, I would imagine.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr