Your Blade Rotation

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
skb12172

Your Blade Rotation

Post by skb12172 »

An expansion on my previous "Your Daily Blade" Thread, I was wondering if some of you carried more than one knife, in rotation, or all at once. If so, let's have it. What knife (knives) do you carry and under what circumstances. Daily life only. If there is enough interest, someone can create a separate thread for hunting/camping/etc.

I'll go first. My daily carry is a full-sized Case Sodbuster, which I just received for Christmas. I like to keep things pretty simple. Occasionally, I'll carry a Swiss Army Deluxe, which my brother-in-law bought for me during a business trip in Zurich. However, it can be a bit bulky in a pair of dress pants or jeans, so it mostly stays in my BOB behind the seat of my truck.

This is separate from specific self-defense carry, which usually involves some kind of push dagger, those being legal to carry with my CCDW.

OK, now you.

Fire…uh…CUT Away! :D
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Cobar

Re: Your Blade Rotation

Post by Cobar »

Leatherman Skeletool in my pocket is my knife for everything. Normally I also have a Victorinox Swisstool Spirit.

Two is one, one is none....

Plus having two pairs of pliers have been very handy multiple times.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I always have a Vic Classic on my keychain. On work days that's all I have.

On days off, I also have a Vic Camper in my left cargo pocket, and either a Kershaw Leek or Blackout clipped to the internal divider inside (yes, sadly, inside, I live in NJ) my right cargo pocket.

I will occasionally load up with something extra for special occasions, I have a Swamp Rat Vex (4" of relatively thin convexed D2) in a nice little leather sheath I sometimes slip into a pocket and I have been known to trim shrubberies around my front door with a 15+" khukuri.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Bullspit

Post by Bullspit »

I mostly alternate between a Mel Pardue and a Ken Onion designed Benchmade folder.
"Stand it like a man, and give some back." Al Swearengen
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

My EDC is a Gerber mini-multi-tool in the change pocket of my jeans and a Kershaw Storm in my pocket. There's a full-size Gerber multi-tool in my backpack. I figure if I need more than that I should've brought a tool box.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

For years, a Benchmade Leopard.

I should get a griptillian - I have a BMW Rift, but I like the griptillian more.

However, recently, I've been carrying mostly slip joints - mostly a Keystone larg jack, Cas large trapper, GEC stuff, or some custom SAKs. Just gave every family member engraved SAK electicians for Christmas. I don't really do much manual labor these days, and I suppose I just like them better.

I don't like it aesthetically as much, but I have a Kershaw double cross which is an excellent design, for light use.

My brother has a BenchmadeMPR, as he is rather hard on tools.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

In my right pocket every day is a Boker AK47 automatic knife, and a Wenger SAK. When I get to work, I add a Superknife and an electrician-specific multitool (can't remember the maker) on my tool belt.

If I travel to a location which is knife-unfriendly, the Boker gets replaced with a Kershaw Vapor that I've had for years. If I have to clear a metal detector (local sports venues. Completely legal to carry knives and even guns there, they're just dicks sometimes) I tuck a balisong into my knee brace.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I generally carry a Case Sodbuster in my pocket (off duty). For on-duty use, it's a Smith and Wesson rescue knife (a 4" switchblade, I don't know who actually manufactured it).
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

PawPaw wrote:I generally carry a Case Sodbuster in my pocket (off duty). For on-duty use, it's a Smith and Wesson rescue knife (a 4" switchblade, I don't know who actually manufactured it).
Is this your on-duty knife (3.3" blade)?

POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

I've carried the same pocket-knife every day for the past fifteen years. It's a replica of a Revolutionary War soldier's folding knife with brass bolsters, steel pins and a carbon-steel 4.25-inch spear-point blade. It doesn't lock open but it has a strong detent. The blade shows hand-forging marks and some minor pitting, but holds a razor-edge. I bought it from Dixie Gun Works back in 1985 and I think it was made in India; it has black buffalo-horn scales.

Up until 1998, it lived in my shooting bag and cut patches for me.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity