Get'cher Handmade Leather Saps

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
PawPaw

Re: Get'cher Handmade Leather Saps

Post by PawPaw »

MarkD wrote:Which brings up the question of what one could carry that would accomplish the same thing, but be innocuous enough to pass scrutiny if seen by a constable?
From my long experience in Corrections, there are very few impact weapons as devastating as a simple master-lock in a common tube sock. You can make a sumbitch wish he had never gotten into your space when you start swinging that little improvisation. And, while that little device is lethal, by simply modifying it so that you're swinging a bar of soap rather than a padlock, the devise is ever so punishing without seeming quite so lethal.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

PawPaw wrote:
MarkD wrote:Which brings up the question of what one could carry that would accomplish the same thing, but be innocuous enough to pass scrutiny if seen by a constable?
From my long experience in Corrections, there are very few impact weapons as devastating as a simple master-lock in a common tube sock. You can make a sumbitch wish he had never gotten into your space when you start swinging that little improvisation. And, while that little device is lethal, by simply modifying it so that you're swinging a bar of soap rather than a padlock, the devise is ever so punishing without seeming quite so lethal.
I used to carry a stainless steel water bottle that, when full, I thought would make a dandy improvised weapon. Completely deniable too: "Officer, when Mr Sumdood attacked me I grabbed the first thing I could find, which happened to be this water bottle,and smacked him across the puss with it. No, you can keep it, it's dented now and covered with blood and bits of tooth.
Jered

Post by Jered »

MarkD wrote:
PawPaw wrote:
I used to carry a stainless steel water bottle that, when full, I thought would make a dandy improvised weapon. Completely deniable too: "Officer, when Mr Sumdood attacked me I grabbed the first thing I could find, which happened to be this water bottle,and smacked him across the puss with it. No, you can keep it, it's dented now and covered with blood and bits of tooth.
Wouldn't it be better half full?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Prices? They weren't listed.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Jered wrote:
MarkD wrote:
PawPaw wrote: From my long experience in Corrections, there are very few impact weapons as devastating as a simple master-lock in a common tube sock. You can make a sumbitch wish he had never gotten into your space when you start swinging that little improvisation. And, while that little device is lethal, by simply modifying it so that you're swinging a bar of soap rather than a padlock, the devise is ever so punishing without seeming quite so lethal.
Wouldn't it be better half full?
I assumed full would be better from a weaponry standpoint, it's heavier and since the water isn't compressible it's less likely to dent or burst. Half-full probably works better from a deniability standpoint, and mine often was half-full because its primary function was as a water bottle.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I knew a fellow who was a set electrician in the trade. He kept a large leather poke with change in it and charged five cents to make change for others on the job. If it could be easily removed, $15-$20 of coin packs a real wallop. And it also has a non-lethal purpose for being there.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Charles Bronson. Deathwish I.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

So long as Latex Saps are OK...

[spoiler]Image

From my cold dead.... hands.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Yogimus on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

skb12172 wrote:Perfectly legal in KY and covered by my CCDW. Love living in a free state.
Totally illegal in MO, but specifically allowed under my CCW.

I'm not sure if I should be all :twisted: because I'm allowed to carry one or all :evil: because I have to be allowed to carry one.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Yogi strikes again.