Toadstickers

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Darrell

Re: Toadstickers

Post by Darrell »

I think that's why I bought it instead of the 14", reminds me of a falcata, though I hadn't really verbalized it as such.

As promised, here are a few more blades. First, the new Mora, 8.1" stainless blade:
Moreblades 019sm.jpg
The Mora Bushcraft Black. I love this knife, thicker blade:
Moreblades 020sm.jpg
A Fairbairn Sykes dagger, blade is a hair under 7". I had a helluva a time getting it to take an edge.
Moreblades 023sm.jpg
Another toadsticker, a bowie with 8 5/8" blade, 14" OAL. This was a freebie when I bought the Legacy '92 Puma .357 years ago, stainless, made in China:
Moreblades 024sm.jpg
Moreblades 025sm.jpg
Last is one you've seen before, the 12" blade bowie I made of A2 steel about seven years ago. 18" OAL. The grip is stacked leather washers. I put a lot of handwork into the guard, rather proud of it. Never have gotten it hardened and tempered. Needs a little more work:
Moreblades 026sm.jpg
Moreblades 027sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Precision

Re: Toadsticker

Post by Precision »

PawPaw wrote:
Greg wrote:Hehehehe. I know the very day my khuk showed up in the mail I was out there hacking away, chopping off pine branches. It lost a little bit of the effect, because where I was only one neighbor can see me and we're pretty friendly he already knows I'm crazy but harmless. :)
There's your problem right there! You've taught him that you're harmless. I always want my neighbors to believe that I'm rather docile, but potentially lethal. I work hard at maintaining that image.
My neighbors are not quite sure what to make of me. Camo and guns going out hunting. NICE linen or wool suit going out to a fundraiser. Mowing the yard with my G-22 on my hip OC in a non-OC (mostly) state. Telling the neighbor whose dog snapped at me in my own back yard, that his dog will be shot and sold to the Chinese restaurant next time it enters my yard.

Yes, I too work quite a bit at keeping the neighbors questioning how tightly I am wrapped. Moving to 100 acres plus can not happen soon enough.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

That Fairburn should not have more of an edge than it came with.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

CombatController wrote:That Fairburn should not have more of an edge than it came with.
Yeah, I wondered about that... it had no real edge to speak of when I got it. I supposed it's meant for stabbing pesky German soldiers in the neck or such. It's even stabbier now, though. :lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

CombatController wrote:That Fairburn should not have more of an edge than it came with.
My Fairbairn has edge all the way to the hilt, but it was carried across Europe during the unpleasantness of 44-45. I suspect it was sharpened several times before it came into my hands.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House