The "tactical walking stick."

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Aglifter

The "tactical walking stick."

Post by Aglifter »

Would a Ti head and tip, w a carbon shaft be the better choice, or a brass or silver head?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
skb12172

Re: The "tactical walking stick."

Post by skb12172 »

Cold Steel makes a great one. I would just buy theirs.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

skb12172 wrote:Cold Steel makes a great one. I would just buy theirs.
What he said! Personally, I really like their stuff.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Wouldn't Ti be so light you'd impart very little energy?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Just mosied over to Cold Steel. I may need the aluminum head sword cane.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I don't know - its that v^2 but I was thinking about - golf clubs are made quite light.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Denis

Post by Denis »

Brass, silver or tungsten. Nice dense materials. Lots of inertia and thumpiness.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Cold Steel's stuff is mostly indestructible plastic. Which is fine, buth rather transparently a weapon, much like a Mag-Lite of anything greater than 2 D-cells.

I'd druther mount a heavy brass decorative head on a nice hickory, ash, or oak stick.
For those who'd rather buy pre-made, there are no shortage of vendors, with quite a variety.

For the budget minded, 3' of 1" black pipe with an elbow and short L-handle, and the tip rubber capped would suffice, or even a simple straight pipe with metal pipe caps at either end painted white, for those dressy Fred Astaire-like outtings. 8-)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:Wouldn't Ti be so light you'd impart very little energy?
You could get lots of speed, and therefore kinetic energy, but it would dissipate very rapidly when it met something solid. The firearms analogy would be 'lack of penetration'.

So if you wanted to give someone a REALLY painful, really really nasty welt, sure. Like caning (no pun intended).
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

CByrneIV wrote:
Aglifter wrote:Would a Ti head and tip, w a carbon shaft be the better choice, or a brass or silver head?
Brass... a reassuringly weighty thump.
A tungsten head would do wonders, but how to thread it without an EDM?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt