Is Your Mora Too Sharp? Update: Got My First Mora!

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Darrell

Re: Is Your Mora Too Sharp? Update: Got My First Mora!

Post by Darrell »

Dang, the Moras are like candy, I've bought several more since my first one. I wound up selling all the new ones to a coworker who runs a sharpening service on the side, and sells knives as well. LOL I wound up ordering yet another one, a new model:

http://www.scandia-international.com/bushcraft.html

It's the Bushcraft Black, featuring a 3.2 mm thick blade. I intend to keep this one.

Since my last post, I've used the Carbon Clipper a bunch at work. I used it to cut a 1/2" thick nomex blanket, which is very tough stuff. It took several passes, but did a great job. Also cut a thick rubber/composite conveyor belt for splicing, it made short work of that as well.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Denis

Re: Is Your Mora Too Sharp? Update: Got My First Mora!

Post by Denis »

Darrell wrote:... the Bushcraft Black, featuring a 3.2 mm thick blade. I intend to keep this one.
Looks good. Well wear! I like the dayglo ones too - those have the great advantage of not turning into a blade of grass or a stone when you put them out of your hand for a second.