Kel Tec Folding Bayonet

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
JAG2955

Kel Tec Folding Bayonet

Post by JAG2955 »

I think I may want one just as a curiosity. But it looks like they are looooong gone. Ebay, GunAuction, and Gunbroker are all bringing up blanks for me. Anyone know of a local one or a site that still may have some lying around?
Cybrludite

Re: Kel Tec Folding Bayonet

Post by Cybrludite »

Mine's currently on the business-end of a buddy's Mossberg, in case someone breaks in when he's hung over.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Is it as nifty as I think that it may be? Or should I spend my money on something more useful, which is nearly anything?
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

It's rather short for a bayonet. It's more like a large pocketknife that could serve as a bayonet in an emergency, than as a dedicated pig-sticker.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Here's Kel-Tec's webpage on the bayonet:

http://www.keltecweapons.com/product/ke ... g-bayonet/

Leave 'em some feedback, maybe they'll make some more.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Darrell wrote:Here's Kel-Tec's webpage on the bayonet:

I already asked customer service and they said that they don't know when the next run will be.

Honestly, and I may take some heat for this here, but I think a perfect modern bayonet would be a knife 95% of the time, and a bayonet 5% of the time. With the increasing desireability of full-length railed handguards in the RECCE style, a rail mounted Mauser style bayonet lug should work well. It would have to cantilever out a bit, but mated with a Gerber LMF size knife should give enough pointy end, but not enough to be unweildy. It wont need a muzzle ring, so it'll be a better knife than the current issue bayonets. It should also be able to be adjusted to not interfere with flash suppressors that accept a bayonet. It would at least be a neat project.
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

JAG2955 wrote:
Darrell wrote:Here's Kel-Tec's webpage on the bayonet:

I already asked customer service and they said that they don't know when the next run will be.

Honestly, and I may take some heat for this here, but I think a perfect modern bayonet would be a knife 95% of the time, and a bayonet 5% of the time. With the increasing desireability of full-length railed handguards in the RECCE style, a rail mounted Mauser style bayonet lug should work well. It would have to cantilever out a bit, but mated with a Gerber LMF size knife should give enough pointy end, but not enough to be unweildy. It wont need a muzzle ring, so it'll be a better knife than the current issue bayonets. It should also be able to be adjusted to not interfere with flash suppressors that accept a bayonet. It would at least be a neat project.
I've sometimes thought about WECSOGing the bottom part of a Lee-Enfield No1 MkIII nose cap on to a Picatinny mount, then I could mount my Pattern 1907 bayonet. :mrgreen:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives