Latest knife completed.

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Latest knife completed.

Post by Combat Controller »

Nice! I'll have to order one from you sometime.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Damn but I love Ironwood -- Now if they only made a thumbhole rifle stock in it?

Very nice knife, the hubby should be impressed.

$75 -- does that include a sheath?

If I sent you one of my old Master Hunters, could you put an Ironwood handle on it and if so for how much?
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Bullspit

Post by Bullspit »

No sheath, I have made some, but I haven't made any that I like yet. I'll keep trying.

As for putting scales on an existing knife, I'm flattered, but I am not able to commit to doing that sort of work. I am an amateur and only have the confidence to work on my own steel. That way if I mess up, I can hide the evidence!
"Stand it like a man, and give some back." Al Swearengen
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

How do you feel about taking an existing knife (Randall, Kershaw, Cold Steel, Anza, Dexter-Russell, Buck, etc., etc.), and put new (perhaps Ironwood) handles on them??

I realize you'd have to rip the old handle off, and put on something different than what it was designed for, including changing the balance and handling characteristics, but I'd LOVE to have some of my knives (which I REALLY like but HATE the handle), re-handled to something I'd actually MUCH more. Would you be interested in doing this kind of work? Bitterroot Custom Knifeworks offers this kind of service, but if I would MUCH prefer giving my business to a fellow forum member, even if his price isn't in line with the other guy. And I realize there are a LOT of variables for the price difference, between materials, labor, creativity, testing, durability, etc., etc., so even if one guy offers the same service, that doesn't mean his standards are the same as your's.

I'd MUCH rather support a fellow forum member
than an absolute stranger, and I DOUBT I'm the only one who feels this way.

So, what's your feeling on re-handling a knife, or knives (for a corresponding fee, of course)?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

308Mike wrote:I'd MUCH rather support a fellow forum member[/color][/b] than an absolute stranger, and I DOUBT I'm the only one who feels this way.

So, what's your feeling on re-handling a knife, or knives (for a corresponding fee, of course)?
Hear, hear!

Mikey, so solly, linky no worky!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!