Anyone familiar with the Fallkniven S1 Forest Knife?

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Termite

Anyone familiar with the Fallkniven S1 Forest Knife?

Post by Termite »

My 2011 4th quarter safety award is itching to be spent.......... :)
S1 Forest knife.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Re: Anyone familiar with the Fallkniven S1 Forest Knife?

Post by Greg »

Personally familiar? No. Try Bladeforums - Fallkniven makes excellent knives and many people love that design. Some people have some reservations, particularly that not everyone likes that handle material.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Erik

Post by Erik »

Not personally familiar with them, but I've read a lot about them, including on Scandinavian outdoors forums. The opinions I've heard are the same as Greg says. Great knives, great quality, the only negative I've heard are related to personal preferences. Some people don't like the design or handle material, and of course it cost more than other knives.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I have a Fallkniven H1 in 3G laminate. Very sharp and holds an edge well, better than my damascus knives. The damascus knives have more of a "cool" factor, though.

One of my friends picked up a Knives of Alaska Diamond Blade knife. He claims it has the best edge holding of any knife he's had. However, a bit more money than the Fallkniven H1.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe