Cop Tool

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
DavidB

Cop Tool

Post by DavidB »

You all know the Wilson Cop tool that sells for ~$100. I wrote Lynn Thompson
of Cold Steel asking him to consider making one that cost less; he seemed intrigued
and said they would look into it.
Then I came across the Boker/Wilson Cop tool for $39.99. Even Amazon has them for $38.
However, this is not the $100 original, no non-slip paracord wrap on the handle and no
sheath (an extra $30 or so). I understand it's made in Argentina for Boker.
Anyone know anything about the quality?
DavidB

Re: Cop Tool

Post by DavidB »

OK, FWIW from a discussion on American Preppers
My county bought the original Wilson Cop Tools from when they first came out, and they have performed well. Now Wilson has authorized them to be made under license in Argentina by BOKER. These are available from Midway and other distributors of public safety gear. The tool I carry on the job is a Boker. http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/bokercoptool-instock.aspx
(Note:$35!)
I have the EOD Robotics breacher bar (full sized) and have been more than pleased. It is not much more than a slab of metal with bevels cut on two sides, but is has been nearly indestructable. (Rockwell tested in our local lab at 64) I added some paracord for a handle, (there are several videos on YouTube on how to do this.) sharpened the inner half on the long bevel to cut if I needed, and sewed up some seatbelt for a sheath. Lifted an end mill enough to get a tanker bar under it, and it didn't even bend. Great tool for under $20. (slightly more with shipping.) Got mine through County Comm, but they have a site of their own, too.
http://www.eodrobotics.com/EOD-Robotics-Bar_p_8.html

Now we're down to $17 for this cool compact breaching tool, $9 for the smaller. However, there weren't any specs listed that I could see (I sent them an e-mail request for that info).
Denis

Post by Denis »

DavidB wrote:I understand it's made in Argentina for Boker.
Anyone know anything about the quality?
I don't know about that particular tool, but I have several Böker / Arbolito-brand Argentinian-made knives, and they're top notch.
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

The quality of the Argentinian blades is excellent...When using identical materials the German made items are two to three times as expensive due to labour costs not due to labour superiority...Their quality control is superb as is their customer service...I've got a fair number of their Arbolito blades and love them in a few cases better then the ones from Germany...You'll never regret buying their products...Even their Chinese made goods are set to extreme quality control measures and while inexpensive they aren't cheap--not great knives but good...I'd buy their Dozier collaboration knives in a minute but I won't [knowingly] buy Chi-Comm made anything.
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!