Beware of SHARP Knives While Hand Drying

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
308Mike

Beware of SHARP Knives While Hand Drying

Post by 308Mike »

I was drying a knife I *just got done sharpening* (razor sharp at that) after cleaning the sharpening grit off the blade, when I was distracted for just a second - and while drying, I pushed a little too hard and/or rotated it just enough to easily slice through the cloth I was using to dry it and sliced deeply into my fingertip - and even though it was only about between 1/8 to 1/4 inch in depth, IT SURE BLED LIKE HELL (and if I wasn't that close to the sink, it would have made one HELL of a mess!! After all, while it wasn't bandaged it bled ALL OVER my hand and THANKFULLY went into the sink)!!

My wife was continually asking me if I was sure I didn't want to go to the ER. I asked, "For what? So they could give me an antibiotic shot, tape the wound shut, advise me on wound care and bandage management, then kick me out the door?" No thanks, I'll just stay home and provide my own wound care management. After all, other than the shot, the only other thing they'd do MIGHT be to give me a couple of stitches (which I don't need).

FARRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr, too many people run to the ER just because they have an owie that might be a little ugly (and yes, I'm typing this with my injured left hand index finger wrapped in a tight bandage).

WTF has happened to this nation of people who used to be able to stand on their own two feet, take care of their own problems, and treat their own minor wounds??? Granted in some areas, almost ALL the people waiting in the ER are here illegally. Even so............

Now if I was some scum-sucking-liberal, I'd be crying for some kind of device to limit just how sharp I might be allowed to make my knives.................. LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Re: Beware of SHARP Knives While Hand Drying

Post by Rumpshot »

Maybe you need a safe to lock up the sharp knives in. Then the dull knives would get used more.....
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

This never would have happened if we only had England's common-sense knife laws!

Anti-stab Knives

This design renders an other-wise evil knife into a tool as non-threatening as a box-cutter.

Oh, wait...
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

This design renders an other-wise evil knife into a tool as non-threatening as a box-cutter.
"What if he's got a pointed stick?"
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
marcs

Post by marcs »

Odahi wrote:
or a banana
Termite

Post by Termite »

Yo, Mike 308......."Here's your sign.........." :mrgreen:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Termite wrote:Yo, Mike 308......."Here's your sign.........." :mrgreen:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :lol:
AYUP!!! :oops: :oops: :roll: Dum, Dum, De Dum, De Dumb, De Dumb, De Dumb, Dumb Dumb Dumb..... I have a painful reminder going right across the pad of my left index finger (thankfully, it's not my usual trigger finger - unless I'm shooting weak hand). It'll probably make a good scar to help remind me to not get distracted when working so close to the edge. It was interesting to note how long it took before the blood started running all over my hand (probably about 2 seconds). It was bleeding so freely that I didn't need to wash it out - it flushed itself clear of any debris. When I washed and redressed it a little while ago, the wound looked FAR better than I had expected (I had washed my hands several times since I'd started working in the kitchen, cleaning up and sharpening a few knives).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
esa5444

Post by esa5444 »

Odahi wrote:
Do they make anti-stab-knife-making files in England too? Do they have a ban on toothbrushes as well?
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Flintlock Tom wrote:This design renders an other-wise evil knife into a tool as non-threatening as a box-cutter.

Oh, wait...
Yup. Back in the day, there were a fair number of people who used to luv boxcutters - cheap, and easy to sneak into a club if the bouncers are using wands.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Fill

Post by Fill »

super-glue it shut.
or pour gunpowder in it and burn it off, a la Rambo.