Benchmade Paul 230 Review

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Aglifter

Benchmade Paul 230 Review

Post by Aglifter »

I really, really like it. Its exactly what I wanted in a gentleman's knife. The handle is comfortable, and actually slightly longer than I need, looks nice, is very sharp, and the blade completely locks both shut and open.

I will have some replacement scales made to eliminate the pocket clip, but I'm very happy w. this knife.

Its not the easiest to close one handed, and a bit involved to open one-handed, but its neither a work nor self-defense knife - should make a great "steak night" knife, though...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
McClarkus

Re: Benchmade Paul 230 Review

Post by McClarkus »

I heartily endorse Benchmade knives. Had an Axis folder and lost it. Bought another one and then found the first one. After a while sent it in with $5 bucks for their lifesharp service and they didn't just sharpen it, they replaced the entire blade. Sold me on their customer service right then and there.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
cageym

Post by cageym »

I've been carrying a Benchmade Mel Pardue 530 for years. I really like the knife.
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE. It's voltage divided by current.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "Open fire!" and "Reloading!"
-John Ringo "The Hot Gate"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

All this talk about Benchmade lately, so I decided to finally go look through their product list.

95% I found completely uninteresting, the other 5% though...

A 4", folder with a non serrrated blade made from D2, and doesn't look like it came from some Japanese Anime(what's up with that? Do Otaku buy that many pocket knives?)? Me wanty.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
cageym

Post by cageym »

That one looks like a nice knife. This is what I've had in my pocket for the last couple of years.

I went to this thread and decided to look at Botach and see if they were still on sale. They did have a few so I thought I would pick this one up just to see if I like it and if it'll take a beating.

cageym

Post by cageym »

Chris, I remember reading that when the knife thing was going around. I like the Benchmade, and the Mel Pardue especially. I got it the last time I was out here in the IO and since it's a Brit island I had to go with a slightly smaller one just in case I pulled it out to do something and one of the BIOT cops saw it. :lol:

McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

The two I have are of that "710" design but just a little smaller. Went out of state recently and was unhappy that I had to do without one for 4 days because I had the foresight to leave it at home. Bastards even took my toothpaste on that trip, which I didn't have the foresight to carry a reduced version of.....
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.