Knife sale at Botach

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Knife sale at Botach

Post by Combat Controller »

All knives are $49.95, a pretty good deal on some of these knives actually....

http://www.botachtactical.com/clkn.html
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
308Mike

Re: Knife sale at Botach

Post by 308Mike »

NICE!! The most expensive knife I saw was listed at $274.95. That's ONE HELL OF A DEAL!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I won't give those rat bastards a dime ever again. I doubt that they even have any of those knives in stock.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

JAG2955 wrote:I won't give those rat bastards a dime ever again. I doubt that they even have any of those knives in stock.
PLEASE elaborate. It's certainly not fair to the rest of us to say something like that without giving details so we can make our own *informed* decisions. I know I'm not the only one interested in what you have to say *BEFORE* I decide to give them some of my meager funds.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

308Mike wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:I won't give those rat bastards a dime ever again. I doubt that they even have any of those knives in stock.
PLEASE elaborate. It's certainly not fair to the rest of us to say something like that without giving details so we can make our own *informed* decisions. I know I'm not the only one interested in what you have to say *BEFORE* I decide to give them some of my meager funds.
They have a reputation for having excellent prices and poor customer service. This includes thing like listing and charging for items they don't have in stock, forgetting to put stuff in boxes for customers and then claiming it's out of stock, and being very difficult to get ahold of when one has a problem. I also seem to remember something about one of the owners being arrested for selling the US government shitty ammo but I don't recall all the details. I have never dealt with them myself and have no real desire to.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

308Mike wrote:
I believe I've talked about it here before, but basically, I ordered a Pelican laptop case, and they charged my CC almost immediately. Over two weeks passed before I contacted them with a WTF, and they said that it would be shipped in a day or two. They pulled that game for awhile, until they finally decided to suddenly claim that it was being drop shipped from the manufacturer. I told them that if I didn't have a tracking number the next day, I was calling my bank and filing a fraud report. I finally got it, but it took a damn long time.

I do recall something about them frauding the government, but I can't find any links about it.

Ah, there we are:
http://www.laweekly.com/content/printVersion/1010620/
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I waited several months for some magazines to ship from them before - my concern would be if they actually have those knives - personally, I'd rather buy from knifeworks.com
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

DAMN!!

I'll make sure I stay the hell away from any company like that!! I suppose they're more interested in their next "fix" than running a business - and are probably selling out ALL their stock to raise at least SOME funds to pay somebody off.

I SURE AS HELL won't be ordering ANYTHING from them unless they're willing to ship COD. Otherwise, they can kiss my rear end!

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Ironically I have had a 98% success rate with them and I have even had two good returns. I have had trouble getting Customer Service on the horn but they always helped me. Only once was I charged for an out of stock item that I then got a refund for. I have ordered quite a lot of kit from them as the price has been right and the service not so terrible.

I guess experience may vary. I suspect the knives ARE in stock and they are just trying to clear them out.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Thanks for the opposing view CC. Now I have two different sides to evaluate regarding the same company - *IF* I decide to order a knife from them.

I suppose the best thing to do is do the same as you would for ANY OTHER vendor: Make SURE you get the employee name, employee number (*IF* they have one), prices quoted along with any special restrictions to quote back to them if questioned later on, date and time of the conversation (make sure you include which time zone you're quoting the time from and ensure you remain consistent - if I'm making a complaint, I ALWAYS reference my times to the company's time, so there's NO misunderstanding and their time logs are easy for them to locate - YMMV), along with any specific quotes, ESPECIALLY if you have witnesses to the conversation, like if it was on speaker-phone.

Granted, I've become quite lax over the years, but I used to do this religiously and it really saved my rear end (and me LOTS & LOTS of money over time) when I was making many purchases over the phone. Even now, I frequently prefer making the purchases over the phone 'cause I perfer having someone to talk to. You don't get the same flexibility when dealing with a bot, script, etc., etc. I still MUCH prefer dealing with PEOPLE.

The nice thing about talking to someone is you can ask things which aren't in their "normal" line of questioning and get a response WITHOUT being transferred and waiting for someone else to pick up the phone. You can get everything done within a few minutes instead of waiting for all the scripes or prompts to play out.

I HATE "audio-response-tellers"!!!