What exactly IS legal to carry for self defense in San Fran

The place to talk about knives, swords, edged weapons, sticks and impact weapons, restraints, and and the techniques and tools for preparedness and survival without firearms.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: What exactly IS legal to carry for self defense in San F

Post by Combat Controller »

Yeah but we were all at home. I had a visit by the ATF as well thanks to the fear of straw purchasers. They already knew I wasn't doing that by the number of pythons I had purchased and they told me up front they were sorry and that this was bullshit. They never looked at anything I had either.

Gotta say Chris be sure to go to the Stinking Rose, an all garlic restaurant. Go on your last day in town though. One of my sisters lives out there and I still go to visit (lived there 5 years after all). I love the city even though it's full of weirdo's.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

This is supposed to be CA legal - and looks quite nifty. Should be fairly reasonable, once you use the "coupon code"
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Pre - 911 - I had a double edged boot knife from Gerber. I neglected to put it in my suitcase and had it in by backpack which I was carrying on board the plane. X-rays spotted it and San Fran PD was called and I was pulled aside. Long story short - I explained I was ex-LEO and they let me put it in my suitcase and I didn't even miss my flight. I was lucky and I know that. I had it 'splained to me that the knife was an offensive weapon for no other reason than it was sharpened on two sides. Ditto on the "Buena Vista" for a 9 dollar cup a joe with kick. Ditto on the "Stinkin Rose". Add "Brandy Ho's" for some great Chinaman chow...........
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Termite wrote:If first time CCW without permit in SanFran is a misdemeanor.... is there a down side?
WARNING: Speaking from possibly faulty recollection...
I believe if the gun is loaded it's a "wobbler", if unloaded a misdemeanor, but, either way don't expect to get the gun back.
And if you're within 1000' of a school, any school, it's a felony.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Anybody have any experience with this umbrella?
http://www.real-self-defense.com/unbrea ... rella.html
It seems like it would be a good thing, and carrying one wouldn't make one seem quite as much a target as a cane.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Termite

Post by Termite »

Windy Wilson wrote:Anybody have any experience with this umbrella?
http://www.real-self-defense.com/unbrea ... rella.html
It seems like it would be a good thing, and carrying one wouldn't make one seem quite as much a target as a cane.
I've been intending to order one of those for Mrs. Termite. She is hell on umbrellas. Thanks for reminding me. :)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."