Where to plink in central Arizona?

Announcements for your state or city.
BadgerAZ

Where to plink in central Arizona?

Post by BadgerAZ »

The last 10 years or so I've been mostly a range shooter and the places I used to plink are now either paved over or close enough to development areas that I don't want to risk shooting there. Where are some good areas to plink within reasonable reach of Phoenix? For that matter, what are the practical rules (vs. the black-letter law) on where one can plink without risking over-zealous law enforcement?

---
Example of what I want to avoid: Years ago in California a friend and I were busted for shooting in a posted no-shooting area in the Cleveland National Forest. Neither my friend or I recalled seeing the sign marking the no-shooting area, so we asked where the sign was. The ranger said the no-shooting area started about a mile back on the dirt road by which we'd come up, but that the sign marking it was currently down due to damage. When we protested that it could hardly be a sign-posted area if the sign was not there, he said, "It doesn't matter." We ended up paying some stiff fines, and I suppose we were lucky because we could have had firearms confiscated, vehicles confiscated, etc. That's what I mean about the differences between the official law vs. the practical rules for avoiding harassment.
---

So: Where to go in the Phoenix area, and what are the practical rules?
BadgerAZ

Re: Where to plink in central Arizona?

Post by BadgerAZ »

CByrneIV wrote:Table mesa is open again, as is silver creek.
How did Table Mesa get reopened? I'd written it off years ago.

The only Silver Creek I know is near Show Low. Is that the one you mean?