Announcements for your state or city.
Rich Jordan

URGENT ALERT -ILLINOIS SENATE TO TRY TO SNEAK BAD CARRY BILL

Post by Rich Jordan »

From the ISRA last night:

======

URGENT ALERT – YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

ILLINOIS SENATE TO TRY TO SNEAK BAD CARRY BILL THROUGH THE BACK DOOR

The ISRA has learned that an anti-gun senator from Chicago has written a horrible “may issue” concealed carry bill that would “carve” Cook County out from the rest of the state. In effect, this bill would allow the Cook County Sheriff and the Chicago Superintendant to deny permit applications filed by Cook County residents. Furthermore, carry permits issued in other counties would be VOID in Cook County. In other words, it would be illegal for you to carry a defensive firearm in the place you need it most – Cook County.

It is important that every firearm owner in the state call their State Senator and express opposition to this bill – it affects every one of us, not just Cook County residents. No matter where you live in the state, as a gun owner you cannot sit idly by and watch millions of good citizens in Cook County have their civil rights trampled. If this bill passes, it won’t be long until the obstacles to concealed carry erected by Cook County will spread to many other counties in the state. You must act now!

As of the writing of this Action Alert, no bill number has been assigned to this bad carry bill. The Senate leadership is playing a shell game with us. There is no telling where it will pop up. Nonetheless, it is very important that you follow the instructions in this alert!

Remember. . .

Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart does not have the right to decide if you are worth defending or not.

Chicago Police Superintendent Gerry McCarthy does not have the right to decide whether you will live or die.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel does not have the right to condemn your family members to rape, robbery and murder.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PREVENT HIJACKING OF CONCEALED CARRY.

1. Call your State Senator Wednesday morning, starting at 8:30 AM, and politely tell the person who answers the phone that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you oppose any “may issue” concealed carry bill, regardless of when and where it is filed. Politely tell the person who answers the phone that you will only support a clean, “shall issue” concealed carry bill such as HB0997 or SB1284. Politely tell the person that you stand in solidarity with the law-abiding citizens of Chicago and Cook County who wish only to protect themselves and their families. If you do not know who your State Senator is, the Illinois State Board of Elections has an interactive search page here:
http://www.elections.state.il.us/Distri ... dress.aspx

If you know who your State Senator is, you can find their contact info here:
http://www.ilga.gov/senate/.

2. Pass this alert on to all your gun owning friends and family. Tell them to act immediately.

3. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you belong.

Without your help, we’ll never get a good, “shall issue” concealed carry bill.
randy

Re: URGENT ALERT -ILLINOIS SENATE TO TRY TO SNEAK BAD CARRY

Post by randy »

Oh, I don't know. If we're lucky, "carving Cook County" away from the rest of the state could become a trend... :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rich Jordan

Re: URGENT ALERT -ILLINOIS SENATE TO TRY TO SNEAK BAD CARRY

Post by Rich Jordan »

I certainly see the benefits, but unfortunately I live about 1/4 mile inside the northern border of crook county. I wish I had known how bad things were going to become with dickie phelan and all his successor crooks in 1992 when we bought, but I didn't.