oldslurrydog

oc dinner ( phx,az area )

Post by oldslurrydog »

june 19th
6:00pm
chinese gourmet buffet
2836 n. alma school, chandler,az 85224
phone # 480-821-2481

The restaurant is on Alma School between Warner and Elliott on the West side of the street by Oasis Bedroom.
JohnOC

Re: oc dinner ( phx,az area )

Post by JohnOC »

I'm going.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

How was it? I was sitting in the tower, watching the sun go down, then clearing 2 Bonanza's in the pattern.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
oldslurrydog

Post by oldslurrydog »

Rumpshot wrote:How was it? I was sitting in the tower, watching the sun go down, then clearing 2 Bonanza's in the pattern.
it was a good time. nice to meet JohnOC and his wife :D . prob around 40-45 people showed up. had a little raffle ( prizes were donated by a few of the members ) and the proceeds will go to AZCDL.

Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Looks like a good sized crowd.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

That one guy's extended magazine must hold what, 30 rounds??? Jeez, that's one LONG magazine!! There's be no way you could carry that concealed. :lol: :lol: ;) :D

Looks like ya'll had a great time, the food looked good, and I'm betting the restaurant had a good night that night - plus, they CERTAINLY didn't have to worry about being robbed!!

When I picture the visual of what would have happened if some guys tried to come in doing a take-down robbery of the restaurant, it just makes me laugh!! Kinda' like what happened when a couple of other brain surgeons tried to rob a cop-hangout-bar, when they suddenly found themselves staring into the barrels of multiple handguns from all directions.

Now if the meeting place was arranged beforehand and the staff was prepared for a large crowd, the service should have been pretty good too. I've seen groups which tipped all the way from being skimpy and tightfisted (using CALCULATORS to figure out just how much of a tip they should leave to 'conform' to the 15% standard tip - usually these kinds of people are engineers), to those who just throw money on the table, with guys who had a $10 meal leave a $20 bill, people with a $27 bill leave two $20 bills, etc., etc.

:jacked: I believe in tipping commensurate with the service, and when they AUTOMATICALLY calculate the tip into the bill (and I understand why they do for large groups), I think that's WRONG. Other than actually complaining, how else do you express your satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the service and encourage good service and discourage poor service? They're taking control of the customer's ability to reflect their displeasure at poor service by including a STANDARD tip into the bill.

My friends and I are GOOD tippers, *IF* you earn it. If you're mediocre, your tip will reflect that level of service, if you're outstanding, the same goes and you'll be rewarded as such (and I've seen our tips total more than the bill), and if you're a POS server to the point we have to have our own people go fetch water, silverware, ice, napkins, menus, etc. - well then, the tip will also reflect that level of service too. Automatically adding it to the bill is simply WRONG.

Many things even out in life, and what I've seen and the people I've talked to, tipping does too. Yes, there are going to be deadbeats who don't tip, then there's those who tip far more than expected - it tends to even itself out, but the sting of working for a tip and providing good service and not getting a tip for what you did is remembered FAR longer than the instances of hardly working and having a GREAT tip, or having to split a huge tip from a group even though you did most of the work (and the splitting is really a co-worker issue and not a tip issue).

People much more readily remember the negative things than the good things, mostly BECAUSE of the emotional sting they carry. When you're rewarded, you're happy and carry on, usually forgetting the instance and putting it behind you as you work. When you get stung, it lingers and you don't put it behind you, you think and dwell upon it because it makes you angry - even if the reason behind it is lost or forgotten. So, we tend to remember the negative and forget the positive when we NEED to remember BOTH!! [/jacked]

Enough rambling from me.

How did the restaurant respond to your group??
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
oldslurrydog

Post by oldslurrydog »

308Mike wrote:That one guy's extended magazine must hold what, 30 rounds??? Jeez, that's one LONG magazine!!
32 actually :mrgreen: .
308Mike wrote:How did the restaurant respond to your group??
they did great. the person that set it up was in touch with them prior to us being there. they gave us a ten percent discount for coming there. can't say on everybody elses tip, but the boss and i gave the waiter a ten ( bill was twenty/ twentyone bucks ). we've eaten there once before and the restaurant gave a donation of ten percent of gross to AZCDL.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

oldslurrydog wrote:we've eaten there once before and the restaurant gave a donation of ten percent of gross to AZCDL.
OUTSTANDING!! When we travel to AZ next time, I'd like to frequent that restaurant to ensure they get business from customers who respect and support the RKBA, so I take it their info is:
Chinese Gourmet Buffet
2836 N. Alma School, Chandler, AZ 85224
Phone = (480) 821-2481
Since it's located in a shopping center (according to Google Maps), which side of the street is it on, and is it tucked away back in the corner or right out front so everyone can see it??
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
oldslurrydog

Post by oldslurrydog »

308Mike wrote:
Since it's located in a shopping center (according to Google Maps), which side of the street is it on, and is it tucked away back in the corner or right out front so everyone can see it??
it's on the west side of alma school n.of warner. out front, should see it easily.
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Re: tipping. The restaurant is a buffet style place, you pay on the way in, no gratuity included. Servers are mainly doing drinks and busing, but our server was extremely attentive and kept our glasses full the entire time. They basically gave us a seating section (about 1/3 the seats in the place) to ourselves. They didn't seem to be hurting for other customers either, so I'd think our service and the food quality was typical for them.

I want to repeat my in-person thanks to oldslurrydog for cross-posting these events here, and add thanks for posting his pictures from the event.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson