Rumpshot's Revenge V

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Rumpshot's Revenge V

Post by Rumpshot »

Time to break out your calendar.

How does 6 & 7 Nov 2010 sound. After Halloween, so pumpkins should be back on the menu. Cooler nights and days.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge V

Post by 308Mike »

Right now, my calendar is open on those dates. Since you mentioned it being cooler in early Nov, what kind of temps did you have out there this weekend?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Granted I slept in the back Rumpshots [strike]moving[/strike] bugout truck but the cold did not seem nearly as bad as some years past. We also seem to hit a bit of belated summer weather this week with temps in the 90s in Phoenix. It was cooling off but then suddenly decided to get hot again.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

CByrneIV wrote:
Kommander wrote:Granted I slept in the back Rumpshots [strike]moving[/strike] bugout truck but the cold did not seem nearly as bad as some years past. We also seem to hit a bit of belated summer weather this week with temps in the 90s in Phoenix. It was cooling off but then suddenly decided to get hot again.
That would be because we did it several weeks earlier than usual.

A better choice I think.
Elaborate Chris, this was better, or later is better.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
BadgerAZ

Post by BadgerAZ »

It was +38F in Paulden last night, which is just above the historical average (+37F) for that date and location. Winds were light, max 10 mph with gusts to 16 mph.

Last year on November 5th it was unusually cold, high of 53F and low of 30F vs a historical average of 63F and 30F. It was also quite windy, max wind 21 mph with gusts to 25 mph, whereas historically winds are usually light (10 mph, 16 gust) on that date.

Only in Arizona would we consider those temperatures to be "cold," but that they be zand here we are. :D
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Time to revisit this post.

I have had arguements both ways on the proposed dates. Only had a couple of campers this last year, they seemed to make out okay, and without complaints about the temps.

Chino Valley has the "new" motel Day's Inn open and available. Other accomodations are available out of the weather for our out of town folks to take advantage of. Chris and Mel had the opportunity to discuss firearms possession, 2A, and AZ constitution with their B&B hosts.

The weekend after Halloween provides the opportunity to leave inexpensive, biodegradable orange scraps for the wildlife to consume on our departure.

At this time I proclaim the weekend of 6 & 7 November as the dates for Rumpshot's Revenge V.

The location remains the same as last year, subject to change if a more suitable location (read easier, smoother road to traverse) is found.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

YeeHaw!
Count me in. If Virginia decides to stay at home this time I will probably come earlier and stay later and camp out.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rod

Post by Rod »

Pencilled in but this far out you never know.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Dang it!!!! it looks like Deployment is going to get in the way of me making it to this Revenge too. if i can make it some way i will
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Time to bump this back to the surface.

I am the proud owner of a .45-70 single shot rifle, a Buffalo Classic, now. With that in mind, I would like to place special emphasis on "OLDER" rifles and cartridges this year. Any and all bangsticks are welcome, just want to encourage the older ones.

Will be looking for a long range clanger one of these days and get it placed at a known distance. Would love to have a 1000 yard target, but will settle for 300-500 yards. Don't know if I can use the quad or will have to walk the whole thing into place. What would be good dimensions for a clanger at 500 yards?

Also dinner at my house will be CHILI! :mrgreen: There will also be homemade bread to soak it up with.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona