February east coast group shoot / gathering

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Precision

Re: February east coast group shoot / gathering

Post by Precision »

sorry to hear you won't be coming, but I CERTAINLY understand with the weather.

First ones are not always the best attended. Starting to think about the next one already.

:D
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

That is a good way to go. Things happen, people can't attend for various reasons. It will still be memorable. Take pictures, post pictures. Make those of us who were unable to attend, for whatever our reason, wish we had been there. A little poetic embellishment is even appropriate in this endeavor.

Good luck. Have fun. Meet new/old friends.

Rumpshot
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Rumpshot wrote: Take pictures, post pictures. Make those of us who were unable to attend, for whatever our reason, wish we had been there. A little poetic embellishment is even appropriate in this endeavor.

Good luck. Have fun. Meet new/old friends.

Rumpshot
Pictures, yes! Lots of pictures so I will know what I missed. If the NWS forecasts are correct, there will be snow in the shots. :shock: Excerpts from Weather.com:
"......will dump at least 3 to 6 inches of snow from southern Mississippi to central Georgia. Some locations may see up to 8 inches. Either side of the heaviest snow, 2 to 4 inch accumulations are possible in Birmingham, Atlanta, Mobile and Columbia, South Carolina......... Snow or a rain/snow mix will develop in the Ozarks and Tennessee Sunday shifting into southern Appalachians, northern Georgia and the Carolinas Sunday night and Monday."

Had I tried to make the trip I would probably be stuck somewhere in Mississippi about now. Even the alternate route down through Kentucky and Tennessee wouldn't have worked because Chattanooga and the Atlanta area will be getting snow tomorrow. Sorry I won't be there, hope you understand why, have a great time....... :D
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

What happened?
Were guns shot, liquor consumed, lies told?

Pictures!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Precision

Post by Precision »

A great time was had.

The GF and I shot guns, broke in her new P3AT ... and let me tell you, you don't want to be on the other end of her P3AT at 10 yards.

We had a great time, but unfortunately the snow kept away all the other comers. Not that I blame them. We drove through 2 inches to get there, but that is NOTHING compared to what hit north of us. YIKES.

Perhaps Feb isn't the best time. Will have to work on a different time next year that doesn't conflict with Turkey season, the weather and whatever else.

What can I say, a great weekend in the woods w/ my GF and we shot guns and she was excited to do it. Not bad. Although, next time having some of you around would make it much more fun. :lol:

oh crap she's gonna read this. :(
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Sorry it didn't work out. :cry: I was looking forward to some pictures of a few hardy folks shooting in the snow.

Set your time for next year and I will try to be there.
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

cu74 wrote:Sorry it didn't work out. :cry: I was looking forward to some pictures of a few hardy folks shooting in the snow.

Set your time for next year and I will try to be there.
Hmmmmmmmm, SNOW with reactive targets (read Tannerite or SureShot - which is basically a finer grain mixture of the Tannerite components).

Depending on your needs (of course), we've found that for rifle and pistol rounds Tannerite tends to perform just fine, but if you need something to go off with a shotgun hit, you might want to look into the more sensitive SureShot product.

If hit correctly, BOTH products will go BOOM, but the SureShot product used to have a tendency to catch items on fire due to incompletely burned product (in 2008).

You should use burn protocols with any of these reactive targets as ANY reactive flash material might cause a flare starting a small fire, which if not immediately extinguished, could get rapidly out of control.

Shooting these targets in the snow would be AWESOME!!!!! Hell, you could even build a little Igloo over them (shooting through the doorway) to watch the pressure wave blow them apart!! :-D
IMG_3787.JPG
BOOM!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rod

Post by Rod »

Is that a picture of Thomas last year? Never saw that one.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

That photo was not last year (2009), wrong location. But it sure looks like TJ to me too. My guess would have been 2008.

Back OT, sorry the weather did not turn out for you. Set a date and do it again. This will make it the second one, cuz you did have 2 participants this year.

Good show.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona