Phoenix Open Carry Dinner

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.

Will you attend?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Yes, just me
25%
Yes, me plus one
25%
Yes, me plus several
13%
No
38%

Total votes: 16

Rumpshot

Phoenix Open Carry Dinner

Post by Rumpshot »

As noted on another post, Rod, with his lovely wife & I, along with my lovely wife will be attending the Sean Hannity Freedom Concert in Phoenix on 9 August. Rod will be driving to Phoenix on Saturday the 8th. We will be having dinner together that evening.

This will be The Gun Counter Open Carry Dinner. The location: Golden Corral Buffet & Grill, 7609 W. Thomas, Phoenix, AZ. The date/time is: 8 August, 2009 at 6 PM. The object: Public Open Display of legally owned and carried firearms. You are cordially invited to join us for dinner and to tastefully and legally display your "bar-b-que" rig.

I spoke with the manager, Mr Jeff Chapman, this morning and he is quite happy to provide the location for this dinner.

From I-10 and 75th Ave, travel North to Thomas, turn left on Thomas. Golden Corral will be on your left. The shopping center has seen much better days and is locally known as "The Hood Mall". That is not a complimentary nickname, it reflects the character. The character is not your friendly local neighborhood mall. Open Carry or Concealed Carry are both appropriate in this area. The Golden Corral is set apart from the mall and does not reflect the character of the mall.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Re: Phoenix Open Carry Dinner

Post by Rod »

Sounds like the PERFECT place to do this then. Let the "hoodies" know not all of us are victims. Good job Rumpshot, you get the no-prize for your work. I'll have it at the dinner. Rudy and I will be there, now which gun? Decisions, decisions....
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
The Quiet Man

Post by The Quiet Man »

Well, to be fair to the mall that you speak of, the whole area that the mall is located in is a dump...and has been for some time. I'm guessing this is just a little bit west of Maryvale...it's been some time since I've been over there...for obvious reasons. I'll be there for the meet, but I wouldn't go to that neighborhood unarmed ever! :lol:
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I think the Merwin-Hulbert would be the obvious choice...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
MelodyByrne

Post by MelodyByrne »

Chris and I will be there, plus the 2 kiddos.
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Myrrh and I will be there.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Invitation has been dispatched to Mr. Alan Korwin to join us.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Food, friends, firearms and Phoenix?
Dang it!

Virginia and I will be in Oregon visiting relatives that week-end.
Oh, well, all the more reason to make Rumpshot's Revenge this year.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Baja boy

Post by Baja boy »

I have it scheduled--But as usual obstacles keep getting in the way--
Boss (Wifie) has Doctors appt. in Flagstaff that week , and she was called for Jury duty in Yuma for the same time. I am gonna try and sneak away for some shopping that weekend.Then this morning I get an E mail from one of our closest friends that his heart surgery has been cancelled due to other complications that he has, and now a new round of procedures and tests are scheduled to extend for the next several weeks---He has no family and I am named "next of kin" --- so I may be back and forth to San Diego for a few weeks. I guess the airplane may get a work-out.
B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
Liberals: all about choice UNTIL you choose differently than them.
Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Rod wrote:Now which gun? Decisions, decisions....
Given the character of the mall and the fact that it's Arizona there can only be one answer: All Of Them!

Given the date and time I should be able to make it. See you all there.