Manzanita 2009 Rendezvous - Meet Opportunity - NOW WITH PICS

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Manzanita 2009 Rendezvous - Meet Opportunity - NOW WITH PICS

Post by Rumpshot »

The annual trip to North County San Diego is imminent. Actual location approximately 5 miles north of Santa Ysabel. Travel to Santa Ysabel by your favorite route. Go north on Hwy 79 to Mesa Grande Road. Go west on Mesa Grande Road up the hill. The rendezvous site will be on the left (south) side of Mesa Grande Road.

The Rendezvous dates are April 30- May 10, 2009.

My wife and I will be in attendance May 1-3. Ask anyone for Rumpshot or Downwind Press and they should be able to direct you to me on Trader's Row. I own and operate Downwind Press. We sell books. We will have a canvas fly set up as a leanto shelter.

Flintlock Tom often attends this rendezvous. The Public is Welcome.

Day Visitor fees are $4.00 per person per day. Ages 10 and under are free. Military free with ID. Please leave pets at home. Bring water and a picnic lunch.

Meet colorful characters in costumes from the period spanning the French and Indian War, the North American fur trade era to the California Gold Rush, 1700-1850. See history come alive and see demonstratons of primitive skills, tipis and period tents, archery, tomahawk and knife throwing, target shooting, trade goods and clothing.
P5040002.JPG
This is a view of the Trader's Row in 2006 looking North East from my camp on top of the hill. It was a little foggy that morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Re: Manzanita 2009 Rendezvous - Meet Up Opportunity

Post by Rumpshot »

I will not be camping at rendezvous this year. I will be spending my evenings in Ramona with friends. If you cannot make it to the rendezvous site, but would like to meet up with me in Ramona (possibly Poway too) send me an email and I will get you my cell phone number.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

A couple more photos.
P5100153.JPG
This about what the store will look like. The shelter has been upgraded and is a bit larger, but should appear similar.
P5100155.JPG
Live entertainment in the form of strolling minstrels is common.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Who's the blond in the last photo?

Regarding the Manzinita site, it would sure be nice if they put some more photos online, other than the ones from 2003.

I like some of the Damascus knives from Shea's Mountain, I might pick one up while I'm up there. I was cracking up looking at the hand-forged squirrel cooker, visualizing a squirrel stretched out over the fire (I wonder if they taste like rabbit?):

POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

308Mike wrote:Who's the blond in the last photo?
I don't know who she is. I seem to recall she was easy on the eyes though.

308Mike wrote:Regarding the Manzinita site, it would sure be nice if they put some more photos online, other than the ones from 2003.

I like some of the Damascus knives from Shea's Mountain, I might pick one up while I'm up there. I was cracking up looking at the hand-forged squirrel cooker, visualizing a squirrel stretched out over the fire (I wonder if they taste like rabbit?):
I am not sure why Mike (sheasmtn webmaster) spells it manzinita when the correct spelling is Manzanita. Likewise cannot comment on his timeliness for posting updates to the website. (I have lots of room to talk with a couple sites I manage! :? ) He makes most of the knives that he carries, but some of the other iron work is acquired for resale. I have a similar squirrel cooker that has never cooked anything but has worked as a hanger for the coffee pot.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

308Mike wrote:I was cracking up looking at the hand-forged squirrel cooker, visualizing a squirrel stretched out over the fire (I wonder if they taste like rabbit?):
A little bit gamier than rabbit, but if you soak 'em in milk overnight and then fry them up they taste pretty darn good.

Yes I am from the country, why do you ask? :lol:
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I like fried rabbit, ESPECIALLY when it's fresh.

My wife have threatened me SEVERELY if I EVER feed her rabbit and don't tell her what it is so she doesn't have to eat it. She swears if we lived on a farm and didn't have stores handy she'd be a vegetarian. I can't even get her to clean fish, there's NO WAY I'd be able to get her to help skin and gut some rabbits or squirrels. :lol: :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Guess that means bear is out of the question then. How about some fresh fried Bambi?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

I had a bunch of those as well and they hold hot dogs real well, also marshmallows but watch you don't get burned on the metal...

I've also used then for quail and grouse and they worked well at that, also!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Denis

Post by Denis »

Rumpshot wrote:Guess that means bear is out of the question then. How about some fresh fried Bambi?
One of my Romanian colleagues was just home for orthodox Easter. She brought me back salami - bear, venison and wild boar. It looks delicious, and I'm looking forward to trying it, maybe with some good Old-Bruges cheese, fresh baguette and a green salad.