Manzanita 2009 Rendezvous - Meet Opportunity - NOW WITH PICS

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
308Mike

Re: Manzanita 2009 Rendezvous - Meet Up Opportunity

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Guess that means bear is out of the question then. How about some fresh fried Bambi?
If you can get bear, or even Bambi stretched out on that fork, I might be able to convince her to try it. :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

With both Bambi and bear, you do it little pieces at a time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

308Mike wrote:Who's the blond in the last photo?
:lol: That's RumpShot - he SAID he'd be in costume, didn't he? :lol:

[EDIT: NOOOooooowww I understand the screen-name! :lol: ]

;)

Sorry - couldn't resist.

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Mud_Dog wrote:
308Mike wrote:I was cracking up looking at the hand-forged squirrel cooker, visualizing a squirrel stretched out over the fire (I wonder if they taste like rabbit?):
A little bit gamier than rabbit, but if you soak 'em in milk overnight and then fry them up they taste pretty darn good.

Yes I am from the country, why do you ask? :lol:
Squirrels aren't bad, rabbits are better, and porcupine are pretty good as well, and beaver as well ( I thing the only reason more people don't eat them is the jokes), a grouse and ptarmigan even better. Their are so many dam squirrels though pretty easy to get 10 or 12, and have a Rocky roast.

My wife loves the taste of deer she just cant stand the thought of me shooting them, o well.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

My girls will and have eaten just about anything edible as long as it doesn't have eyes looking back at them...Just eating, not prepping...they'll gut a rabbit, squirrel or fish faster then you can say it, they'll cook it for you but if you leave the head on they won't eat it--get that from their mother...Chop it off and you'd better have lots because they will eat you out of house and home...

Have you done your small game with the heads on, Mike?
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

SeekHer wrote:Have you done your small game with the heads on, Mike?
Not with this wife.

When we were youngsters, my family was 1/2 owners in a farm, and we had a couple of Black Angus steers, some goats, hundreds of rabbits in elevated wire cages (who's rear claws were absolutely DEADLY 'cause their nails didn't get worn down) and some pigs.

When it came to butchering time, my parents would pull us out of school to help. Those pigs will walk right up to you while you're pointing a rifle at their head, and even if you miss (and zing a round off their skull), you just need to wait a while and they'll come right back to see what you're doing.

Once, we had a pit slow-roast BBQ luau featuring one of the pigs with an apple in its mouth as the centerpiece. We had named the steers Slick and Curly because of their hair characteristics. When we butchered the steers, we got one side of beef and our partner got the other. My mom used to get pissed at my brother and I when we'd say something like, "gee, Slick (or Curly) sure tastes GOOD tonight!!"

But I sure miss fresh fried rabbit!

I imagine if I left anything on that had eyeballs, Kimberly wouldn't touch it and would probably lose her appetite - although she can watch me tear apart a lobster since they don't have REAL eyes. No, if I even start joking around with the food like if it's talking or walking, or even dancing into the oven, she doesn't like it. So I have to wait until she's not around before I show my niece and nephew what a turkey looks like dancing into the oven for cooking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Seems to me I have spent more than one night drinking whiskey roasting a pig . Nice way to pass the time with the friends .
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Ya'll come and visit. So far, I expect to see DD, and 308Mike. Hope Flintlock Tom will be there, would like to see BE603 and SeaDawg again. Grandsons will be there along with their parents. Also expect to see some of our friends and neighbors from our days in Poway.

I know there are lots more folks in the bottom half of PRK that read this forum. Don't be shy, come on out and spend a day. Pack a picnic lunch. See history in action. Watch folks walking around with real firearms and nobody gets excited. Watch children shooting, throwing knives and tomahawks, shooting archery and generally having a great time being kids. Listen to musicians. Observe tall-tales in the telling. Mayhaps watch some leatherwork in progress.

This setting is one of the most beautiful in the world. Coastal range hills/mountains with picturesque valleys, live Oak trees, canvas tents and teepees. Bring your camera.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

Dad LOVES to tell the story of killing and skinning a rat when he was a kid. Him and his brothers realized how much it -- skinned -- looked just like a squirrel, so they took it to their grandmother. "It ain't enough for all of us (9 kids -- 8 of 'em boys!) but we figgered you and Pop could use it..."

The next Sunday, they're chowing down on some especially-tasty stew, when Grandma tells 'em "It's that SQUIRREL you boys brought us t'other day..." :? :o :shock:

:lol:

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Well, since my wife is interested in going up to the Rendezvous tomorrow (especially since it has a 70% chance of rain tomorrow up around Ramona - about 60% at the Rendezvous site), I won't be carpooling with anyone else, just in case she starts feeling ill and we need to leave early. She can tolerate the overcast much more than she can direct sunlight, so she's going to give it a try to come out tomorrow.

We hope to see a few of you up there too!