Kentucky black bear hunt approved for the 2009 season

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni

by Steven Dobey
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:17 AM CST

In half a century, Kentucky’s white-tailed deer herd grew from 1,000 animals to a million today. Wild turkeys increased from about 800 birds to a quarter-million, and we are now home to 10,000 free-ranging elk, the largest elk population east of the Rocky Mountains. All are now hunted in Kentucky.

A new big game species came closer to joining that list this week when legislators approved a pending regulatory amendment that will create Kentucky’s first black bear season in more than 100 years.

“Sportsmen and sportswomen of Kentucky should be very excited,” said Steven Dobey, black bear biologist for the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. “Bears are now well established in eastern Kentucky and research shows that population growth has risen steadily over the last 20 years.”

More of this story..............
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Flintlock Tom

Re: Kentucky black bear hunt approved for the 2009 season

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Very exciting to contemplate that the critter you're hunting is also hunting you.

The very first hunt I went on in the Sierras was for bear. Don't remember what flavor of bear though.
My brother and I walked for about half an hour, got bored and decided to shoot at rocks instead. I'm sure all the other hunters in the area were happy about all the noise. :roll: :x
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?