1,340 Acre Hunt Lease

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rooster

1,340 Acre Hunt Lease

Post by Rooster »

Deer and turkey hunting only. I am the owner so this is not a sublease & do not allow subleasing. Mostly Cumberland Rim & Highland forest & Creek/River bottom farm in hay/CRP. Has creek bottoms on large creek to extremely steep forest land, provides a variety of habitat for a large population of deer & turkey. Large creek runs across southwest border with a number of smaller creeks throughout property. Northeast section is Mill Hollow Branch 700 acres of 10 year old hardwood regeneration; approximately 80 acres open fields in CRP, remaining acres in hardwood timber ranging from 30 to over 100 years old. Food plots and established trails. Electric service and well water available with prior coordination. Deer, turkey, and coyote/varmint hunting only. Looking for family oriented, responsible, conservative, and flexible LONG TERM hunt lease client. $6/acre plus hunt liability insurance and wildlife management plan, required.

For any members who are in the Tennessee, Kentucky, Northern Alabama or Mississippi are who may be interested, message me for details. $6 per acre plus hunt liability insurance in addition to wildlife management plan.

Below is a pic of some very recent visitors.
Benefactor Life Member NRA
Life Member NSSA
Life Member NSCA
Trophy Life Member NAHC
Life Member DAV

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Rooster

Re: 1,340 Acre Hunt Lease

Post by Rooster »

Well I tried several time to upload the picture. It is not a large file, about 400k. The forum software acts like it is uploading it and then nothing. In the mean time here is a link to the picture:

http://forum.tractorfarmandfamily.com/s ... post120484
Life Member NSSA
Life Member NSCA
Trophy Life Member NAHC
Life Member DAV

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

DAMN!!! Too bad you don't have something in the mountains of SoCal/southern Sierra!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Denis

Post by Denis »

Those are cute. What kind of deer are they?

I got three roe bucks (Bambi!) this past week, and I saw one of the biggest, if not the biggest, red deer stags in Belgium (that's an Elk for you 'Muricans). He was standing in the same coppice as one of the bucks, and took off at a gallop when he heard the shot - what a sight. I also saw a wildcat - very rare, and my brother shot a racoon - still rarer over here!
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Denis wrote:Those are cute. What kind of deer are they?

I got three roe bucks (Bambi!) this past week, and I saw one of the biggest, if not the biggest, red deer stags in Belgium (that's an Elk for you 'Muricans). He was standing in the same coppice as one of the bucks, and took off at a gallop when he heard the shot - what a sight. I also saw a wildcat - very rare, and my brother shot a racoon - still rarer over here!
We have LOTS of racoons over here, too bad we can't just shoot them on sight!! They're pests WORSE than coyotes!! GRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Denis wrote:Those are cute. What kind of deer are they?

Those are white tail deer.
Life Member NSSA
Life Member NSCA
Trophy Life Member NAHC
Life Member DAV

Denis

Post by Denis »

Rooster wrote:Those are white tail deer.
Thanks!

Mike, over here racoons are foreign vermin, and can be shot on sight throughout the year!
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

In another life I spent about 9 years stationed in then West Germany and earned/obtained my "Waffen- und Jagdscheinangelegenheiten". I was fortunate to be able to have the opportunity to hunt Roe deer. They are some SNEEKY little things. They appear in the dawn light like magic even while you studiously watch the food plot area. One moment you see nothing on the food plot, the next there a half dozen appear in the middle. They may be small but they are some worthy game animals to hunt.
Life Member NSSA
Life Member NSCA
Trophy Life Member NAHC
Life Member DAV

Denis

Post by Denis »

Rooster wrote:I was fortunate to be able to have the opportunity to hunt Roe deer. They are some SNEEKY little things. They appear in the dawn light like magic even while you studiously watch the food plot area. One moment you see nothing on the food plot, the next there a half dozen appear in the middle. They may be small but they are some worthy game animals to hunt.
They are indeed both sneaky and worthy. Just seeing them is a challenge - they're not much bigger than a dog, say a Labrador - about 10-12kg dressed weight (24lbs), so they are practically invisible in tall grass or brush. Sometimes you can catch them moving in peripheral vision, but more often they seem to just appear out of nowhere in the middle of an open space. I have hardly ever heard one move, however thick the ground cover. The bucks "bark", and both sexes sometimes "sneeze" if they have nasal parasites.

Another odd thing about roe is the fact that they are easy to see when you're not hunting (you often see groups of them in fields near roads), but they make themselves scare in hunting season. In May (buck season), I saw 14 does and not a single buck! :(
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Hmm... That sounds like the ideal size for splitting down the middle, and cooking on a pit... (Nom, nom, nom, nom - looking forward to it getting cool enough to go after Axis again...)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto