735 Acre Hunt Lease

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rooster

735 Acre Hunt Lease

Post by Rooster »

Do to medical issues, a long time hunt lease client has had to give up the lease. Deer and turkey hunting only. I am the owner so this is not a sublease & do not allow subleasing. Possibility of obtaining the hunt lease with shooting towers/houses & stands. 2 tracts of land approx. 606 acres mostly Cumberland Rim forest & Creek/River bottom farm land planted in corn/soybeans/hay/CRP. 129 acres of Tennessee River bottom forest land in which Kentucky lake backs up into. For any members who are in the Tennessee, Kentucky, Northern Alabama or Mississippi are who may be interested, email mail me for details. $6 per acre plus hunt liability insurance in addition to wildlife management plan.
Benefactor Life Member NRA
Life Member NSSA
Life Member NSCA
Trophy Life Member NAHC
Life Member DAV

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Rooster

Re: 735 Acre Hunt Lease

Post by Rooster »

The property has been leased.
Life Member NSSA
Life Member NSCA
Trophy Life Member NAHC
Life Member DAV

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Glad that did not take very long.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

...are they HUGE tracts of land? O.o
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Yogimus wrote:...are they HUGE tracts of land? O.o
It is small in comparison to some in our area. We are very fortunate to own such a beautiful peace of land.
Life Member NSSA
Life Member NSCA
Trophy Life Member NAHC
Life Member DAV

308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rooster wrote:
It is small in comparison to some in our area. We are very fortunate to own such a beautiful peace of land.
I assume you're on good terms with the lease holders so, have you taken other friends and acquaintances out on their lease (of course, with their permission)? I haven't been hunting in more than 30 years and would really like to have a successful hunt on my return to active hunting (I recently found and showed my wife my hunting license from 1976). Eventually, I'd like to get back into hunting as a way to acquire food, splitting the harvest with the processor (which is what we used to do back in 1976).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

308Mike wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I assume you're on good terms with the lease holders so, have you taken other friends and acquaintances out on their lease (of course, with their permission)? I haven't been hunting in more than 30 years and would really like to have a successful hunt on my return to active hunting (I recently found and showed my wife my hunting license from 1976). Eventually, I'd like to get back into hunting as a way to acquire food, splitting the harvest with the processor (which is what we used to do back in 1976).
I try to respect their privacy and intrude as little as possible. They want a nice place to bring their families and I doubt they want to see me. I do drop in or email once in awhile to make sure all is well. I reserve the right on all of my hunt leases to hunt predators and take game (namely deer to maintain proper sex ratio's and maintain sound wildlife management practices. I have never had to do that though. With a well run club and a responsible group this is almost never required. As a rule, I don't take out other people to hunt on the leases or even ask. These guys put a lot of work, time, expense, and effort into food plots, creating edge, cover, and good overall habitat. If they have openings in their club, I occasionally refer people to them. I DO bring other folks I know who are avid coyote and predator hunters to control those damn coyotes. I think coyote hunting is more fun and excitment than deer hunting. Hunting them at night is a lot more interesting too. Not as much mess and fuss with field dressing and that sort of thing either.

I have another place I may be listing soon depending on how things work out.
Life Member NSSA
Life Member NSCA
Trophy Life Member NAHC
Life Member DAV

308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Understood. I was simply asking for general purposes if the rare occasion happened, then I might be interested, but I certainly have no desire to intrude on someone else's hunting lease unless invited.

When we hit the road in our RV, we plan on making MANY stops, and quite a few of those are going to be in Texas, especially as we'd like to put a face with those who've we've been chatting with, particularly CC, Rod (whom we've already met), and several other members of the Texas variety (yourself included), if you'll have us come visit.

Unfortunately, our visits won't happen until after the end of the world as we know it (December of this year, the end of the Myan calendar), so we just might have to be visitin' y'all in the next lifetime (at least after New Year's), but we'll let y'all know when we're coming 'round. My wife has convinced me we should blog about our adventures during our travels. I also agree and think it will be a great source of information about the areas we travel but also great information about the people we meet and the awesome times we have. Kinda' like a diary of our travels and how great this nation of our truly is, which we're more than happy to share.

Our nation is REALLY AWESOME, and it's the PEOPLE which make it so. THAT'S what we want to highlight and share with everyone else.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad