Revenge Targets

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Revenge Targets

Post by Rumpshot »

Just in from The Metal Man. One each 8” Swinging Plate. This will be set at 200 yards for a 4 moa target. No AP rounds.

I will be attempting to get the Ram target that we had two years ago for a second long range gong.

I brought home two more boxes of clay pigeons from my desert property, so there are lots of clay pigeons available. Bring your shotguns.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Re: Revenge Targets

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I have some swinging targets for .22 and a target launcher, also. And most of a case of clays.

Can't wait. :D

( I had a case of clays once. Took a whole tube of Prep H to get over it. {Rimshot})
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Last night I scored some more "clanger" targets from my blackpowder friends. These are large, but designed for blackpowder shooters, shooting round ball. They will be set waaaay off in the distance, almost at the horizon, so that the center fire rounds don't poke holes in them.

I will probably pick up 3 targets. A Ram, a Javalina, and not sure what the third will be.

I have the Friday 7 Nov off (vacation day) from work so will spend much of that day setting things up. Early arrivals are welcome to help out.

The hooter/portajohn/blue room will be delivered on Wed the 5th and picked up a week later. Early arrivals will have facilities.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Not suggesting anything illegal, but campaign signs make great target backers. :twisted: For that matter some campaign signs make great targets.

Seriously, the corrugated plastic campaign signs on wire frames that measure 2'x3' or so make great target backers and stand on their own. A little white paint, staple gun, paper targets and away you go.

I do have 5 or 6 wooden target frames with cardboard backers. I have some pvc tubes that I plant in the ground so the frames can be removed/repaired.

Bring paper targets.

I also have a box of reactive targets. They look an awful lot like "sidewalk chalk". Come in a handy carrying box of 52. Looking for ideas about supporting these for the greatest effect. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kommander still plans to bring pumpkins, but his source from last year is gone/moved. :D

Chris has indicated his intent to bring Tannerite. :D :D No committment or confirmation yet, just intent. :?:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Not suggesting anything illegal, but campaign signs make great target backers. :twisted: For that matter some campaign signs make great targets.

Seriously, the corrugated plastic campaign signs on wire frames that measure 2'x3' or so make great target backers and stand on their own. A little white paint, staple gun, paper targets and away you go.
Actually, a single campaign complaining of their signs being picked up AFTER the election is unheard of. In California, the candidate's campaign is responsible for removing and disposing of their candidates signs. They won't complain if people pick them up AFTER the election. They DO make great target backers, especially for the peel-and-stick shoot-n-see targets. If necessary, a little white spray paint takes care of signs that reflect/show through the targets.

Some of the signs, with candidate's faces on them, make GREAT targets in themselves! :lol: 8-) :lol:

I do have 5 or 6 wooden target frames with cardboard backers. I have some pvc tubes that I plant in the ground so the frames can be removed/repaired.

Bring paper targets.

I also have a box of reactive targets. They look an awful lot like "sidewalk chalk". Come in a handy carrying box of 52. Looking for ideas about supporting these for the greatest effect. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kommander still plans to bring pumpkins, but his source from last year is gone/moved. :D
Don't forget, if you bring something to shoot up, make sure it can be cleaned up and removed/disposed of. Since this area is almost Rumpshot's back yard, we need to make sure we keep it clean and available to other shooters to use when we're done.
Chris has indicated his intent to bring Tannerite. :D :D No committment or confirmation yet, just intent. :?:
If I can remember to call them tomorrow, I'm going to see how quickly True-Shot Targets can send me some of their reactive targets to bring out. They're basically the same as Tannerite but don't take as high an impulse to set off as Tannerite, making them more reliable to go off when hit.

Rumpshot, have you been out there recently to see how high the growth is and if we need to trim shooting lanes? Should I bring some clippers with me? If I can get out there early enough on Friday, I'd be more than happy to help set-up.

BTW, do we know if anyone is bringing any "unusual" or exotic firearms, perhaps Class III?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rod

Post by Rod »

Don't know about unusual but I'm thinking of bringing the Springfield '03, the Krag carbine, the AR15, and the M1 Carbine. Pistols will probably be the Automag and Ruger in .30 Carbine, the Makarov (anyone have 250 bucks? I'll sell it and about 100 rounds of ammo), the 1877 Colts, and the Merwin Hulbert. Ammo will be limited for the last ones.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I was up to the site about 3 weeks ago and clippers should not be needed to clear shooting lanes.

I will bring the big wheeled weed whacker and clear the line a bit.

Chris pointed out on a different thread that JohnOC has Tannerite. If 308mike brings Sure-shot too, then we can do a side-by-side comparison.

Mike, thanks for pointing out the cleanup situation. I have policed brass from the last two, but other than dead pumpkins it was left pretty clean. If I police brass, it is mine, doesn't matter who brought it or shot it.

Plan on lots of long range shooting. Plan on lots of shotgun shooting too.

JohnOC brought his bow and arrows last year. Slingshots would work too.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Okay, I just got done ordering a bunch of True-Shot Targets, which have adhesive backings. The adhesive makes it nice so we can stick them to our target signs AND they can be stacked using the adhesive. TJ told me if we stick a couple of them together, it makes a pretty significant BOOM.

We'll be able to do a direct side-by-side comparison of these and Tannerite. It should be quite interesting. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I know Tim Bradley (professional shotgunner) uses them 'cause I've seem him do it and talked to him about it. He uses these instead of Tannerite because he can set these off with a shotgun. We'll have to see if they'll go off from being hit in the air (like a skeet), as opposed to attached to something on the ground.

Did you guys try Tannerite + pumpkin last year? :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rod

Post by Rod »

308Mike wrote: Did you guys try Tannerite + pumpkin last year? :lol:
Yeah, and the 50 yard tannerite pumpkin showered us with little pieces. Dogs just laid there and looked at us like we were crazy.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Malthorn

Post by Malthorn »

Rumpshot wrote: I also have a box of reactive targets. They look an awful lot like "sidewalk chalk". Come in a handy carrying box of 52. Looking for ideas about supporting these for the greatest effect. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If it's the round stick kind of "sidewalk chalk" then pvc pipe slightly smaller than the "sidewalk chalk" should work out nicely.