RR 2011 FINI

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

RR 2011 FINI

Post by Rumpshot »

All over and done with for this year. Photos to follow. I got some yesterday and left the camera home today. Should have a video on my cell phone to upload too.

I think there were 9 shooters all together. 3 non-guncounter folks showed up, 2 of which have been here before. On the firing line were: Rumpshot, Flintlock Tom, Dinochrome, Little Sister, JohnOC, AZmark, Kedron, Ron, and Dave.

Lots of steel targets, watermelon and pumpkin reactive targets, Tannerite and other Tannerite/Sureshot kinda big booms. NO FIRES this year. The little targets that Flintlock Tom brought made pretty significant booms and blew apart target backers! Also assisted in the demise of the watermelon.

Tom brought his rangefinder and marked off known distances from 25 yards to 200 yards. Long distance target was 265 yards.

Only three cases of clay pigeons were used up this year. 12, 16, and 20 gauge were represented as well as side-by-side, over/under, pump and semi-auto shotgun actions.

I hope a good time was had by all. I know I had a great time. Thank you all for supporting this fun shoot. We should do it again next year.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
JohnOC

Re: RR 2011 FINI

Post by JohnOC »

Camp Rumpshot

The arms rack:

Link to album for bigger versions: linky
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Nice! One of these years... :)
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

It was (almost) funny...
After Rumpshot and I made a big show of our ".45-70 Challenge," in which we each fired 5 shots at a steel plate out 265 yards with our long-barreled, tack-drivers, (ending 0-0) Dinochrome sat down with a 70 year-old Russian battle rifle and began drilling holes in our virgin target.
("Nobody likes him.") :x

Almost. Funny.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I think it was a closet sniper rifle.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The third flag flying:

"Come and take it" is a American patriotic slogan most notably used in the American Revolution in 1778 at Fort Morris in Georgia, and in the Texas Revolution in 1835.

The slogan itself can be considered a modification of the response King Leonidas of Sparta (ancient Greek city-state) gave to the Persians during the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC. When he was asked that his men should lay down their weapons, he replied "Come and get them" (Μολὼν λαβέ).[1]
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Post by Rod »

Rumpshot wrote:The third flag flying:

"Come and take it" is a American patriotic slogan most notably used in the American Revolution in 1778 at Fort Morris in Georgia, and in the Texas Revolution in 1835.

The slogan itself can be considered a modification of the response King Leonidas of Sparta (ancient Greek city-state) gave to the Persians during the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC. When he was asked that his men should lay down their weapons, he replied "Come and get them" (Μολὼν λαβέ).[1]
The "Come and take it" flag is the one flown at Gonzalez when Mexican troops tried to get a cannon given to the town as protection from indians. Some consider this the opening shots of the Texas Revolution.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist