Rumpshot's Revenge 2011

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Rumpshot's Revenge 2011

Postby Rumpshot » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Driving directions from Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ
N Black Canyon Hwy I-17 N 62.3 mi
Take exit 262 toward AZ-69 N/Prescott/Cordes Lakes Rd/Arcosanti 0.2 mi
Merge onto AZ-69 N 21.2 mi
Turn right onto Fain Rd 7.2 mi
Continue onto Arizona 89A S 6.4 mi
Take the Arizona 89 ramp to Prescott/Chino Valley 0.3 mi
Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Ash Fork and merge onto AZ-89 N 17.8 mi
Turn left onto W Big Chino Rd 2.5 mi
Turn right onto Feather Mountain ~5 mi
Follow the signs for Rumpshot’s Revenge, Paulden, AZ
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2011

Postby Rumpshot » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:44 pm

For lodging in the area do a search on Chino Valley, AZ. 86323

Fine dining establishments are located in Chino Valley, AZ. Fish Fry Friday is at the Windmill House, $10.00/head, all you can eat and not too shabby either.

Free camping on the National Forest. Primitive conditions, I will pass the hat for a porta-john.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:46 pm

I will have some steel targets, and hopefully Tom & Dino to help place them. My wooden target frames have taken quit a beating and may or may not be available for paper targets.

If you have suitable targets for pistol, rifle or other and bring it/them along.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:35 am

Looks like I finally have a couple of Class III weapons coming to RR. .308 and 9mm for planning purposes. Met this gentleman at the rendezvous this afternoon. He likes to play and shoot.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Flintlock Tom
On a list somewhere

Postby Flintlock Tom » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:22 pm

I noticed that the Days Inn is completely booked up for that week-end, no vacancy.

I was able to get two rooms at the Primrose Inn up the street.

I'll try to bring some target materials along.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Work is a total cluster. I probably won't be able to make this one.

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Tannerite is FUN. Will anyone be able to bring some?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Dinochrome
Case Shiner

Postby Dinochrome » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:03 pm

I've got a bunch of Army Qualification targets that I'll bring along.

I plan on spending a few(dozen) rounds of .308 getting my new scope zeroed on the STG-58.

Spotting scope?
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Bring any and all accessories that you think you will need. Spotting scopes, chronograph, portable shooting table, sun shade, chairs, ammo...

Talked to my friend that works Gunsite last night. He has RR on the calendar now. May bring more Class III weapons and ammo to purchase.

This could be the biggest, baddest Rumpshot's Revenge yet. :D
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Flintlock Tom
On a list somewhere

Postby Flintlock Tom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Kommander wrote:Work is a total cluster. I probably won't be able to make this one.

Dang! You're my "go-to guy" for Enfield and Webley info. Now I might be forced to talk to my brother!

I'll bring a sunshade, some tables and chairs, a spotting scope and laser range-finder. I might bring a few guns, too. :roll:
I've got an AR-15 golfball launcher coming in the mail, too.

I'll go ahead and pick up a pack of these:
White-lightning-22-caliber-targets

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:49 am

Those .22 targets look suspiciously like the "Sure Shot" targets that 308Mike brought over a couple years ago. Will have to make sure to clear around them to prevent any fires. A couple of WET (read HEAVY) gunny sacks and a couple buckets of water should back up the cleared area.

I booked the Porta-John. Price has gone up this year, now $95 for the weekend.

Will try to make a run up to the site this weekend. Hope the neighbors that shoot just up the road can join us this year.

How about a head count on who plans to be there for dinner on Saturday night.

Flintlock Tom and siblings, Friday night Fish Fry is $10.00 per head if you are interested. The Mrs. and I would be interested. Anyone else. This is in Chino Valley.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:13 am

Rumpshot wrote:Those .22 targets look suspiciously like the "Sure Shot" targets that 308Mike brought over a couple years ago. Will have to make sure to clear around them to prevent any fires. A couple of WET (read HEAVY) gunny sacks and a couple buckets of water should back up the cleared area.

*Kommander Activates Preliminary State Evacuation Plans*

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 am

Tom, if I'm not able to go, I might still be able to provide some of my remaining SureShot targets. I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

SOMEONE PLEASE make sure you get LOTS of photos for the rest of us who may be only able to attend in spirit and not body.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

Dinochrome
Case Shiner

Postby Dinochrome » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:22 am

Rumpshot wrote:Those .22 targets look suspiciously like the "Sure Shot" targets that 308Mike brought over a couple years ago. Will have to make sure to clear around them to prevent any fires. A couple of WET (read HEAVY) gunny sacks and a couple buckets of water should back up the cleared area.

I booked the Porta-John. Price has gone up this year, now $95 for the weekend.

Will try to make a run up to the site this weekend. Hope the neighbors that shoot just up the road can join us this year.

How about a head count on who plans to be there for dinner on Saturday night.

Flintlock Tom and siblings, Friday night Fish Fry is $10.00 per head if you are interested. The Mrs. and I would be interested. Anyone else. This is in Chino Valley.

Fish-Fry sounds good to me and Little Sister. We are making preparations for getting underway on Tuesday, should reach Pauldon early Friday. We will contribute to the PortaPotty fund; an item of special interest to L. Sister. Dinner on Saturday sounds good too.

By the way, our approach will be from the north, off of I-40 west of Flagstaff.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity

Flintlock Tom
On a list somewhere

Postby Flintlock Tom » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:38 am

I was hoping to leave San Diego Thursday night but it's looking more like I won't be able to get on the road until early Friday. I plan to be to Chino Valley early afternoon, like 1 or 2ish.

Mike, if you have some stuff to send along, give me a call and I'll pick it up.

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:45 am

Flintlock Tom wrote:Mike, if you have some stuff to send along, give me a call and I'll pick it up.

If I can dig up some books to take for Dana, do you think you might have some room? If so, I'll see about trying to get together some more books for their store, including (perhaps) all of my MHI books. For some reason, I'm finding it difficult to part with them even though I've read each one several times (but I haven't read Dead Six more than once). Each time I re-read a book, I ALWAYS pickup something I missed the previous times. ;)

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

JohnOC
Administrator

Postby JohnOC » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:01 am

I have some Tannerite I'll be bringing.

Planning to get on the road AM Friday, so there by noon or so. I'll be camping at the site.

I wouldn't object to going out for dinner Friday but I'm not sure of this fish-fry concept. I don't generally hold truck with eating fish. Do they have other menu options there?

Definitely in for Saturday evening dinner.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Dino, from Flag head west to Ashfork. South on Hwy89 25 miles to Paulden, right turn on Big Chino and the directions merge.

John, the Windmill House in Chino Valley has a fish fry with the usuall trimmings, they also have a variety. Linky. Looks like baked chicken and pasta dishes for alternatives. $10.00/person includes non-alcohol beverages, beer and wine available at the bar.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Flintlock Tom
On a list somewhere

Postby Flintlock Tom » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:06 pm

308Mike wrote:
Flintlock Tom wrote:Mike, if you have some stuff to send along, give me a call and I'll pick it up.

If I can dig up some books to take for Dana, do you think you might have some room? If so, I'll see about trying to get together some more books for their store, including (perhaps) all of my MHI books. For some reason, I'm finding it difficult to part with them even though I've read each one several times (but I haven't read Dead Six more than once). Each time I re-read a book, I ALWAYS pickup something I missed the previous times. ;)

Mike, I'll have room for one box. Like a file storage box.
You have my e-mail.

JohnOC
Administrator

Postby JohnOC » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:11 pm

Rumpshot wrote:John, the Windmill House in Chino Valley has a fish fry with the usuall trimmings, they also have a variety. Linky. Looks like baked chicken and pasta dishes for alternatives. $10.00/person includes non-alcohol beverages, beer and wine available at the bar.

Shiny. I'm in for that. I'll be up at the site by noon friday for set-up and such.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:03 am

Just posted a couple of pictures and a short video on facebook of the RR site.

Those posts and this one are via my new Verizon MiFi. 4G capable, only 3G available in Paulden. :(
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:30 am

Me & Flintlock Tom, mano a mano! Steel target. Offhand. Iron sights! Should be fun. 285 yards or so, uphill. Steel is approximately 1'x4'.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:30 am

Should mention, .45-70.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Weather report. This morning at 6 AM it was right at 32 degrees at the house. It could be a bit warmer up the hill at the site.

Low this month at the house: 28.6 and a high of 89.5. Average wind speed: 2 mph with a high of 35 mph.

You can access my weather station, if the computer is online, at: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... =KAZPAULD3

My old XP computer works great for a variable period of time, then quits. Reboot/restart and it is good to go again, sometimes.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:17 am

Flintlock Tom wrote:
308Mike wrote:

Mike, I'll have room for one box. Like a file storage box.
You have my e-mail.

Tom, with all the crap going on at our home, I regret I haven't been able to get enough items together for you to take to Rumpshots. Please proceed without our contributions, and we hope you have a "explosive" time, if not a well-read one!!!. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rod
Active Shooter

Postby Rod » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Talked to Rumpshot on the phone last night. I'm not going to be able to make it for a variety of reasons. Take plenty of pictures so I can be jealous of all of you who do show.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Bit coolish outside, 26 degrees at the house!

Will be headed up the hill to the site soon. 3 camps up there. Got the site setup with several targets yesterday. Flintlock Tom placed distance markers from 25 yards to 200 yards.

Should be a bunch of local folks show up for the shoot. Not so much on the Guncounter folks this year. Sure wish that BE603 could have brought the young Marine over for some fun. Haven't gotten a rise out of Workin. He has family in the area and should come over to visit. Rod has a pretty good excuse this year as does Chris and Mel. Kommander has bowed out due to work, that is a pretty lame excuse.

On site are Dino and Little Sister, Flintlock Tom (all siblings); AZ Mark, and John OC.

Don't know about any full auto weapons for sure. Could be a couple. The guy from Gunsite may show up, but without any FUN switches.

Got a couple of folks are planning on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully they are early since we usually are cleaning up by then.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

randy

Postby randy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Have fun. Get LOTS of pictures!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

blackeagle603
Probably Unemployed

Postby blackeagle603 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Sure wish that BE603 could have brought the young Marine over for some fun.

Yeah, I thought this would finally be the year. /sigh/

He's back to working 11-12 hour days and I've got some irons in the fire the can't be ignored.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story

Rumpshot
Active Shooter

Postby Rumpshot » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:55 pm

All y'all that missed it, missed a good one.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona

Flintlock Tom
On a list somewhere

Postby Flintlock Tom » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:53 pm

I made good time going home. I pulled up to my house in San Diego exactly 6.5 hours after leaving Paulden. Mapquest says it's 438 miles. That's an average speed of 67.38 MPH, including one stop for gas.

Had a wonderful, relaxing time. Pictures to follow.

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:05 am

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing them!

Flintlock Tom
On a list somewhere

Postby Flintlock Tom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Rather than post each photo, here's an album.
Photo album

I'll add more to it later.

Return to “Regional Announcements”