Rumpshot's Revenge, Enhanced!!!

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Rumpshot's Revenge, Enhanced!!!

Post by Rumpshot »

Trying to keep life simple and still figure out a way to have fun and enjoy
everyone’s company.

After the day's shooting on Saturday we will all adjourn to my house, (it was my wife’s idea)
and have a bit of a sit down dinner/social hour on Saturday evening. This
would bring us inside out of the weather/wind/whatever. My house is 2.5
miles, as the crow flies, from the RR site. It will be a bit longer to
drive, depending on the willingness to go slowly over the bumpy bumpy road
or a bit faster on the rough road.

The neighbor lady makes a killer Tortilla Soup. She always makes large
quantities too. Follow-up with some Subway sandwiches and a
vegetable platter or two. Maybe some extra special Chocolate Chip Cookies
baked by a friends wife for desert.

Beverages to be provided by the participants, BYOB that is.

Tentative cost to be about $10/person or less.

I have a fire ring and firewood in the backyard if we choose to adjourn
outdoors. Any celebratory cigar smoking would take place outdoors.

ETA: Mrs. Rumpshot has two takers already for the Craft Show tour. As listed elsewhere, she is willing to take some ladies along with her to a couple of craft shows in Chino Valley on Saturday 8 Nov.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge, Enhanced!!!

Post by 308Mike »

If I can get quick delivery and enough quantity of reactive targets that go BOOM, I'm looking to get some Tannerite or True-Shot Targets. They make a pretty satisfying BOOM when hit.

Who knows, we might even set up a 2-liter soda bottle mixed up at the old Javalina location at 275 yards - to test people's skill (and luck). Unfortunately, catching such a thing on video just doesn't do it justice - you gotta' BE THERE to feel it go off when someone hits it.

Rumpshot, is there someplace nearby that'll give a quantity discount on ammo?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Mike, take a look at J & G Sales. They are in downtown Prescott and usually pretty good prices.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Mike, take a look at J & G Sales. They are in downtown Prescott and usually pretty good prices.
I'll say! They've got some cheap Brown Bear and Silver Bear ammo for my M1A in the 35-cents-a-round range & 7.5mm Swiss at $14.40-$16.50 for a box of 20. And if anyone is bringing anything in .50 BMG, they have 10 round packs on sale for $35 (cheaper than I've seen it here).

I just called them (928-445-9650) and they do NOT carry Tannerite and/or True-Shot Targets. I'll probably pickup a few magazines for my M1A while I'm there.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I am still working on the Pumpkins. Things are going to be complicated by the fact that I will have to store them for a week.
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Kommander wrote: I am still working on the Pumpkins. Things are going to be complicated by the fact that I will have to store them for a week.
You can bring them over and pile them up in my garage for the week. Give me a call.
cbyrneiv wrote:John got tannerite this time.
I have 20 lbs of Tannerite that just arrived via the [acronym title=Big Brown Truck of Happiness]BBToH[/acronym] today. There shall be boom.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

The pumpkin thing has gone a bit sideways. The only ones I was able to find are at a grocery store and they want $6 a piece for them. I gave them my number and told them to call me if they reduced the price or wanted to get rid of them.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Kommander wrote:The only ones I was able to find are at a grocery store and they want $6 a piece for them.
STILL??? That manager(s) aren't very smart. "Gee, let's see, we can charge the same amount and HOPE we'll sell *MAYBE* one more, or we can reduce the price by 3/4 and probably get rid of all of them before they rot and make more money than if we charged $6 each."

But of course, that discussion didn't happen since no one is willing to take initiative other than licking the manager's boots (union rules, ya' know).

Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I think part of the problem is that since it's the weekend there is no one there to make the decision to mark them down. Therefore they stay at full price. Hopefully the person I spoke to will bring my offer to the managers attention, but corporations being what they are they might have rules about sending stuff unsold back, if only to keep the store honest.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

15 pumpkins acquired. Perhaps I should bring some pie too.