Rumpshot's Rendezvous Trip

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Rumpshot's Rendezvous Trip

Post by Rumpshot »

This week, May 6, 7, & 8, 2011, Rumpshot will be at the Manzanita Rendezvous in San Diego County.

I have been told that this will be the last year at this site. :( The location is really beautiful and suits the event quite well.

The rendezvous site is about 4 miles north of Santa Ysabel and then west on Mesa Grande road. Paved road until the site.

If you need my cell, send me an email through this site before noon on Thursday. If you do a search on the name Manzanita High Mountain Rendezvous, you will find a flyer.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Re: Rumpshot's Rendezvous Trip

Post by 308Mike »

I just got back from visiting with Rumpshot and his wife. I delivered a couple boxes of books and one box of magazines (which was damn heavy) for Kathi's book store. Rumpshot said they'd be able to make good use of both, the books and magazines. I'm still looking through what we need to get rid of, and some of the things might have more value than others, then I might be hanging onto them, otherwise, if they can make money off them (some fairly recent books too, a few on the best seller lists), I'd prefer they do that, or donate them to VA hospitals.

Here's a shot of when I first walked up on them and he had just noticed me grabbing my camera and was putting his hat on:
IMG_8572_x1000.jpg
And here another one of him holding out his flag for the Free Trappers & Traders Association, and here's their forums (ignore the misspelled words like Furum, etc.):
IMG_8576_x1000.jpg
Here's Trader's Row:
IMG_8563_Traders_Row_x1000.jpg
There's also guns for sale and NO 4472 to complete, nor 10-day waiting period!!
IMG_8581_x1000.jpg
If you're in or around San Diego this weekend (in the northeast part of the county), I HIGHLY recommend you stop by for a visit and get educated to what it was like living here in the mid/late 1800's. I've had guys show my wife and I how to start a fire with a piece of cloth, a flint, a piece of iron and some fiber and get a REALLY good fire going at that!! EXCELLENT survival knowledge if nothing else!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The first picture has a young lady on the right side of the image. She was attending her FIRST rendezvous. The gentleman in the middle was advising her of the type of clothing she should acquire to be period correct. She went on to purchase, not from me, a flintlock rifle for her first gun, then participated in the world famous stake shoot. The team that she was a member of came in 3rd place of seven teams.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

OUTSTANDING!!

I bet she was hooked and can't wait for the next Rendezvous!!

Kimberly sends her regrets 'cause she REALLY wanted to head out and meet you and Kathi again 'cause she misses you two. She's loves the period get-up and is looking forward to the next one where she hopes to make an appearance (certainly if she gets better health-wise).

We're glad you can put the books to good use, if nothing else, you can use them to make a donation tax deduction to several different groups. But I'd prefer you being able to make some money off them instead of relying on the government to reduce your tax burden.

I'm still going through some of my other hard-cover books, so you might have some more to go home with you after the meet-up with BE and the rest of us from SoCal. Maybe you can drag a couple other folks from So Arizona to break bread with us and share stories. :lol: ;) ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Display out front of the store.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rumpshot on Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The whole thing. Grandma Kathi is standing in the store.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

'Nother pichur of Trader's Row.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Looking across the "street" from the store.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Camp in behind the store.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Left to right: "Lost & Found's" camp/trade blanket, Boy Scout camp, Dead Horse's trade blanket, Strummer & Fiddling Friar's camps.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona