San Diego Meetup

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
308Mike

Re: San Diego Meetup

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:On the road within the hour.

C-ya at the meet up.
Lookin' forward to it!! I might have more books for you, but have to see which we want to sell, and which we want to keep.

I hope the magazines went well, once they got them all sorted out.

If you have one type of book which sells better than others, please let me know so I can separate them out from the rest of the groups for easy identification.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

One of these days I'll have to meet my fellow CA TGC contingent in person. ;-)
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Been communicating with several of the folks via e-mail.

Still on for 1700hrs. Grill will be available for any who are bringing dead flesh to roast but my wife and I have made a late change of plans and there will be a sooper-seekrit-full_supper-substitution for the primary meal. It will either delight all ya'll or give you the runs.
(Tom, feel free to continue with the green salad).

Be there or be square.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

blackeagle603 wrote:there will be a sooper-seekrit-full_supper-substitution for the primary meal. It will either delight all ya'll or give you the runs.
Oh no, more "Road-Kill stew" - but without the alligator and catfish!!! I'm telling you right now that if there's road-kill SKUNK in there, I ain't eatin' it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Well, there was a good turn-out. We got to put several faces with names and aliases/handles/nicknames. Unfortunately, I'm TERRIBLE with names, and I get them mixed up with other faces - so rather than make a fool of myself and misidentify people, I'll leave that to someone else. Besides, I'll wait for approval from those involved before posting their faces and names/handles online. Not everyone wants their identity identified online, and not everyone has a FaceBook page (or engages in "social networking" - particularly if they have a clearance).

Rumpshot's Rattlesnake Venom was passed around, and one of the unsuspecting daughters of BlackEagle603's decided to give it a try even though she didn't really know what was in it. When I was looking at Rumpshot's bottle inside the house, she remarked that it was "pretty spicy!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that was one BRAVE face to say it was only "pretty spicy!!"

I'll let Rumpshot tell you what was in it, but it made a few of those who partook break out in a little sweat (yes, I saw it on your forehead ;) ).

Here's the bottle (workinwifdakids is in the background):
IMG_8671_RattlesnakeVenom_x1000.jpg
Grandma Kathy's cherry sippin' juice was pretty tasty too.

BE knows how to throw a backyard cookout. We woulda' been there sooner except we had to wait for the sun to go down a little bit more since my wife is VERY sensitive to light (particularly direct sunlight). Too much sunlight can make her violently ill. I tried to get her to wear one of my NOR t-shirts, but they were too tight across the chest (and she's very modest).

I neglected to get any photos of the toys BE passed around, including a top break-open .32, a sweet .22LR S&W revolver (with a DAMN HEAVY trigger pull), and a very nice Model 70 in .300 Win Mag (I think I would have preferred a heavier barrel and a MUCH lighter trigger).

The food was GREAT and was chowed down with enthusiasm, as was the oatmeal cake dessert. BE and his wife were GREAT hosts, and their home was a great location for such a gathering. Flintlock Tom and his lovely wife were there, BE and his great wife were there (obviously, as were a couple of their gun-enthusiast kids, but they weren't even close to being kids except related to the dinosaurs in attendance). But rather than leave someone out or misidentify them, I'll leave the roll-call to someone else (yes, mousegun and workin' were there, and it was GREAT to see how well everyone was doing, and workin' was getting a chance to relax and be amongst people who cared about the crap he's going through even though we didn't discuss it. We were there, and we support him, and that's what mattered).

And if you ever decide to sneak up to BE's house, his ferocious dog will simply lick you to shreds!! :lol: :lol: ;) ;)
IMG_8682_Cropped_x1000.jpg
Personally, I'd LOVE to do this again, and would also love to bring some other dead animal portions to throw on the grill to share (maybe have Termite send us some 'gator with instructions on how to cook it), or make up a HUGE salad and throw in some avocado, radishes, green onions, red onions, sunflower seeds, raisins, red-leaf lettuce, green-leaf lettuce, romaine, iceberg lettuce, etc., etc. (this is not to diminish the awesome salad that was served - it was wonderful and I got seconds), it's just that WE LOVE to cook, but HATE cleaning up afterwards.

Next time I'm sure we can get there sooner, especially if we might be doing some of the cooking. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Glad you made it Mike -- and everyone else too.

Yeah, daughter #1 went straight to the Rattlesnake [strike]piss[/strike] venom. I dare say she got everything she deserved for her curiousity. 8-) /sinner/ :lol:

I have renewed motivation to finish working that patio shade plan out. The setting sun comes through that partition wall with a vengeance. It doesn't need a cover so much as it needs a more complete wall/barrier on that west end. Bamboo and some lath are going to fix that up shortly. That'll give enough shade to relocate my epiphylum in the open and got in search of a staghorn fern.

I've been working projects off the list progressively from the back part of the yard. The patio shade and water fall are next on the list. Hopefully we'll have a more comfortable situation for the late day sun shortly -- and we'll do it all over again.

Though showing up near sunset Mike may have looked a wee bit purple and sparkly... Hmmm, could be a collaborator
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Don't you like the pretty stars and sweeping lines in the label border. Makes you feel all warm and cozy doesn't it. Take a sip/slurp/glug and you WILL feel all warm and cozy from the tip of your tongue to the ..... (end of the digestive tract)! You may even relive the pleasure of the first sip sometime after the lights have gone out for the evening.... :mrgreen:

Recipe to be posted later tonight or in the morning.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Denis

Post by Denis »

308Mike wrote:... make up a HUGE salad and throw in some avocado, radishes, green onions, red onions, sunflower seeds, raisins, red-leaf lettuce, green-leaf lettuce, romaine, iceberg lettuce, etc., etc.
Birdseed in your salad? I might just have to try that...

It all sounds like great fun. You lucky lot...