Rumpshot's Revenge VI - Oct 29-30, 2011

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Rumpshot's Revenge VI - Oct 29-30, 2011

Post by Rumpshot »

Subject to change by persuasive argument, the dates will be Oct 29-30, 2011. At the same site as the last couple of years.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge VI - Oct 29-30, 2011

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Whoo-hoo!
First in!
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

*scribbles on calendar*

See you there :D
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

:mrgreen: Gratuitous bump back to the top.

The time is growing nearer. Make your plans to attend. Hope that 308mike and Workin can make the trip this year. BE603 needs to check and see if the young Marine has leave available and bring him to shoot with the Old Farts.

Menu for Saturday night dinner is still in the planning stages. Considering soup and sandwiches again for relative ease of preparation and low cost. Suggestions welcome.

This could be the last or next to last Revenge in Arizona. The summer vacation turned up info that could cause me and the Mrs. to pack up and move back to Montana. Mel, it would still be all the way across the state on the East end. Should this occur, and it currently looks pretty certain except the timeline, Revenge will resume in Montana. I have access to several sections of very pretty real estate that could make for a really nice location. I am making a trip to Sidney 6-9 October to evaluate the situation. Will have more particulars when I return.

If we make the move, Revenge will go on and will offer more variety including some of the challenges of the sniper competition in Wyoming and hopefully the fun and excitement of Boomershoot in Idaho.

Lastly if we make the move, I will be smack in the middle of Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer and Pronghorn country again. I will be available for assisting in hunting trips to that part of the country. There are even Elk in that part of Montana now that were NOT there when I grew up. Moose have been seen in the river bottoms too.

Mark your calendars, schedule your vacation, plan to be at RRVI next month Oct 29 & 30.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Denis

Post by Denis »

Thanks, Rumpshot!

Alas, neither my brother nor I will manage it this year, due to various inescapable domestic arrangements, but we'll certainly try for next year if we may. We have postponed our plans for some shooting tuition states-side, but not abandoned them.

Best wishes for RR VI, and for success in your plans for moving to pastures new.
MelodyByrne

Post by MelodyByrne »

Rumpshot wrote:
This could be the last or next to last Revenge in Arizona. The summer vacation turned up info that could cause me and the Mrs. to pack up and move back to Montana. Mel, it would still be all the way across the state on the East end. Should this occur, and it currently looks pretty certain except the timeline, Revenge will resume in Montana. I have access to several sections of very pretty real estate that could make for a really nice location. I am making a trip to Sidney 6-9 October to evaluate the situation. Will have more particulars when I return.
How did you know I would comment? :D

It's only 800 miles by road, 735 if you go through Kalispell.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

MelodyByrne wrote:
Rumpshot wrote:
How did you know I would comment? :D

It's only 800 miles by road, 735 if you go through Kalispell.
Only a little over 13 hours!

I think I know you a little bit Mel.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Topic stickied to top of this forum view. Just over a month to go.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Thanks John
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I'm planning on being in Phoenix on the week-end of the 13, 14 &15 for the GCA conference and shoot at Ben Avery.
I plan on coming to RRVI, also two weeks later. Heck, it's only an 8 hour drive.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?