Visting Madison WI

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Frankingun

Visting Madison WI

Post by Frankingun »

I'll be in Madison WI for some training. I'm not sure if there's anyone here from the area, but I'll be available Tuesday night through Wednesday night of next week. Reply or PM if you want to try to meet up. I'm staying downtown in the Concourse Hotel.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
BadgerVet

Re: Visting Madison WI

Post by BadgerVet »

I'm 50 miles north but probably won't be able to meet up due to work. The Concourse is on the north side of the capital square. The Great Dane Pub is on the south east side a block off the square, and Piasans is on the south west side a block or two off the square. Piasans is known for their pizza. They have moved a few times in the past 50 years but when I was in Madison, it was a great place to go for pizza. A walk down State Street from the square to the campus is a nice walk. The UW union is right on the lake and open to the public. (or was, don't know if it's changed recently) The Rathsceller serves beer and food. The ice cream stand is also good. The Veterans Museum is within one block of your hotel. The state capital is a replica of the one in DC and worth a walk through if you have time. Hope you have some time to have some fun.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

BV, thanks for the reply. Too bad we couldn't meet, but I understand especially since I'm here for work training.

I took a walk around the Capitol and took a few pictures then wandered by Pisans over to State street. I just finished a beer, chili, and a red brat at State Street Brats. Now to wander back to the hotel.

Another blog.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

There's a Tea Party tax rally at the Capitol building, which is literally around the corner from my hotel. Hopefully I'll get a good picture of Sarah Palin for NPR.

Another blog.