Rumpshot's Revenge III

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Rumpshot's Revenge III

Post by Rumpshot »

Chris & company. Thanks for the new forum. If this is in the wrong place, please let me know where it went.

Rumpshot's Revenge III
November 8 & 9, 2008. About 35 miles north of Prescott, AZ. Primitive camping, no outhouse - just bushes.

Some target frames provided. Bring some if you have them. Some clanger targets may be available, again if you have some bring em.

Shooting distances from 5 feet to 250+ yards.

Informal shooting. Bring what ya got. If you are lucky you might get a chance to shoot Rod's Krag carbine. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, cannon, mortar, blackpowder and cartridge, all are welcome.

I have a new Do-All Full Cock Trap and 3+ cases of clay pigeons.

Two years ago we were visited by a Yavapai Deputy Sherriff and a Forest Service Law Enforcement Ranger. Both spent about 30 seconds to determine we were safe and within the law. Then they spent the next hour drooling over the assorted hardware. Their visit was encouraged by some neighbors (more than a mile distant) who complained about the shooting noise.

Edit: corrected the date above, originally posted the wrong year.
Last edited by Rumpshot on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge III

Post by 308Mike »

Talked to my wife recently, and we're hoping to make it again (skipped last year but was there the previous year). It's a GREAT time!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Driving directions to Rumpshot’s Revenge

From Phoenix and points routed through Phoenix.

• Drive north from Phoenix on I-17 to Exit 262, Hwy 69.
• Drive northwest towards Prescott on Hwy 69 through Dewey.
• Turn north on Fain Road at the stop light towards Hwy 89A.
• Fain Road joins Hwy 89A westbound on the north side of Prescott Valley, continue west to Hwy 89.
• Turn north on Hwy 89 towards Ashfork.
• Travel north on Hwy 89 through Chino Valley.
• 12 miles north of the Chino Valley Safeway store turn west on Big Chino Road. (First left turn after the railroad tracks.)
• Travel 2.5 miles west on Big Chino Road to Feather Mountain Road.
• Turn north on Feather Mountain Road (gravel road), travel north across the cattle guard until the road makes a T intersection.
• Turn right, travel a few hundred FEET, then turn right on the two track dirt road.
• Less than a mile and you will find the area on the right side of the dirt road.

From the T intersection of Feather Mountain Road, watch for orange survey flags on the right side of the road to guide you the rest of the way to the site.

From Interstate 40.

• Travel east from Kingman or west from Flagstaff to exit 146 on the east side of Ashfork.
• Drive south on Hwy 89 to Paulden.
• Turn west on Big Chino Road. (Last right turn before the railroad tracks.)
• Travel 2.5 miles west on Big Chino Road to Feather Mountain Road.
• Turn north on Feather Mountain Road (gravel road), travel north across the cattle guard until the road makes a T intersection.
• Turn right, travel a few hundred FEET, then turn right on the two track dirt road.
• Less than a mile and you will find the area on the right side of the dirt road.

From the T intersection of Feather Mountain Road, watch for orange survey flags on the right side of the road to guide you the rest of the way to the site.

If you go into Prescott, don’t forget J & G Sales, 440 Miller Valley Rd, Prescott, AZ 86301 – 2907, 928-445-9650.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Might be able to make it, hopefully. However, that is probably the weekend that the U.S Marine Corps will be celebrating their b-day, and I really don't like missing those.

I took my girlfriend (http://www.dancewithmarguerite.com) to it last year. And now she is looking forwards to this years very much.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Hartley

Post by Hartley »

Ummm... November 8 & 9 -- 2009 or 2008?

Hartley
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Hartley wrote:Ummm... November 8 & 9 -- 2009 or 2008?

Hartley
Good Catch. Must have had fat fingers or sumthin.

2008. Will edit the original.

RR IV will be in 2009, God willing and the creek don't rise.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

We had a great time when we went a couple of years ago. I've attached a few photos of the site we were at in 2006.

And with the Javalina picture, you can see how far away we can set the targets - almost 300 yards.

And if it's anything like that year, we had BEAUTIFUL sunsets, GREAT company, GREAT food, GREAT weather (no wind) and just a WONDERFUL time for all!

Won't you join us?

IIRC, if we get over 75 people camping there, we need to rent a porta-potty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Actually Flintlock Tom was concerned about the porta-jon situation, so will consider renting one if we get more than 63 people. :lol: :lol:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Hartley

Post by Hartley »

Looks excellent! I've written it on the calendar, but there is a possibility of a conflict.. hafta wait & see.
Of course, in November, it MIGHT snow.. :o

With all the hams, are ya gonna have a talk-in freq?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Hartley wrote:With all the hams, are ya gonna have a talk-in freq?
You betcha. It will probably be 146.520 or the "SUPER SECRET SIMPLEX" frequency 144.980.

There will also be FRS available on a to be determined channel & PL.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona