First southwest guncounter meetup - Rumpshots Revenge III

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Re: First southwest guncounter meetup - Rumpshots Revenge III

Post by Rumpshot »

Chris, you flatter me. I would be proud to host the "First Southwest Guncounter Meetup!"

Now then, the link does not go anywhere.

The dates are for Saturday and Sunday, but early arrivals are encouraged. If you might be arriving early contact me for alternate camping/lodging arrangements.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Okay folks, just one month til this iteration of Rumpshot's Revenge.

I got all the parts and pieces for my AR build, except the Bolt Carrier. It is on backorder, til who knows. Put the rest of it together. Got an exceptionally tight fit with the rear takedown pin. Like Dad used to tell me, don't force it, get a bigger hammer! Very tight fit, but it does pin in place. Went off to the local [strike]pusher[/strike] gun shop and bought myself an LMT complete bolt carrier group. Leaves me with a spare bolt, firing pin, etc. When the back order gets filled will have two complete bolt carrier groups. Sounds like spares to me. Anyway, dry function checks seem just fine. One of the magazines I picked up a month ago does not want to lock into place. Live fire function checks are scheduled for Sunday.

Like I posted elsewhere, early arrivals are welcome and encouraged. If you want to park in my yard with a camper, motorhome, etc. let me know. I will be working the week before and you might get stuck catsitting, but the price is right. My septic is arranged in such a fashion that it cannot be readily used for a dump station. I can offer running water and some electricity.

CC, sure would like to see you drop in for a shootin' session with us and bring along the clangers you have stuck behind the door.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Post by Rod »

Got the GPS coordinates up somewhere? We'll be up on Friday afternoon and would like to try meeting at a restaurant or someplace similar.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Rod wrote:Got the GPS coordinates up somewhere? We'll be up on Friday afternoon and would like to try meeting at a restaurant or someplace similar.
Yup.

Collected fresh this morning. At 9:36AM to be exact.

N 34.94564
W112.49496
Elevation 4575ft

2.51 miles from my house!!!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I get off work at 1:45 PM. I go to my house in Goodyear, load the car and head north. Usually arriving around 4:30PM. Lots of stuff to do to get signs and flags up to lead people to the site. Layout the site. Mark the shooting line. Layout the left edge of the shooting lane. Make preparations to hoist the colors on Saturday. Setup my canopy, tables, rifle rack.

Meanwhile Chris, Mel, and John will have arrived and start setting up their camp. Sometimes Kommander is right there at the same time.

Hopefully 308Mike and his lovely wife will have arrived in their motorhome and will get settled in too.

Not too many have stated their intentions to attend. See the separate posting asking about who will be here.

Kinda gets in the way of meeting for dinner in town at some fancy restaurant. You could stop by Subway, grab a sandwich, stop by Safeway, grab a beer or two and join us in getting setup. Then when it gets real dark, you can drive back into Prescott and crawl into your nicely made bed and wait for the alarm clock so you can drive back to Paulden and RUMPSHOT'S REVENGE III!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Once again a gratuitous bump to the top.

[center]Only Three weeks to go.[/center]
Flintlock Tom has graciously paid for a Porta-jon/hooter/blueroom.... :mrgreen: , so there will be facilities available for those in need.

I am considering leaving work early that Friday and with a lot of luck will be home sometime around noon. Have not ruled out an actual vacation day yet.

Some of those planning to attend include: Chris & Mel along with JohnOC and usually Kommander who all camp at the site; Flintlock Tom and hopefully 308Mike will be carpooling from San Diego and may carcamp at the site; Rod and his lovely missus who plan on camping in a hotel/motel room in Prescott; along with several others.

For those undecided about the camping options, I have a canvas dining fly with sidewalls. It measures 12' long by 16' wide and has 7' side walls. I can set it up for camping. It does not have endwalls, but provides shelter from some of the weather. Nights are cooler now. We dropped last week to 19 degrees and froze all my vegetables. For planning purposes, look at night time temperatures around 32 degrees.

If you have target frames or reactive targets that are transportable, bring them along.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Signs to watch for.

This is the first one at Big Chino Rd and Feather Mtn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Second sign, where you turn off Feather Mtn, approximately 3.5 miles from the pavement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

When you see this sign, you have arrived!!! :lol:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Over view of the site from the track you just drove in on.

The butte to the left is the backstop. In front of my car is the "blue room" and shooting line.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona