So-Cal Belt Fed Shooters Charity Event

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Double Tap

So-Cal Belt Fed Shooters Charity Event

Post by Double Tap »

This will benefit the Wounded Warriors Center at Camp Pendleton.

http://www.lytlecreekrange.com
Bullspit

Re: So-Cal Belt Fed Shooters Charity Event

Post by Bullspit »

Double Tap wrote:This will benefit the Wounded Warriors Center at Camp Pendleton.

http://www.lytlecreekrange.com
Do you have more information? When will this be, what exactly will this be?
"Stand it like a man, and give some back." Al Swearengen
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Here's their flyer:

http://www.lytlecreekrange.com/LC_OCT_2008_FLYER.pdf

It's this coming Saturday:
Who: So-Cal Belt Fed Shooters invite everyone to attend the charity Shoot and Bar-B-Cue.
What: Charity Shoot, Bar-B-Cue and Raffle to support the Wounded Warriors in California.
Where: Lytle Creek Firing Line, San Bernardino National Forest, http://www.lytlecreekrange.com
When: Saturday, October 4th, 2008, 8am-4pm
Why: To have some fun while raising money for the men and women who have sacrificed so much for us all.
It's a CASH-ONLY affair.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Bullspit

Post by Bullspit »

Sounds like a fun day and a worthy cause. I may be able to swing it too. Anyone else going?
"Stand it like a man, and give some back." Al Swearengen
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Most of my weekends up till the election are pretty committed already, otherwise I'd love to feed a few belts up there. They're about three hours away from my house. One of my college professors lives up that way, so I know right where it is.

I didn't see anything regarding how much it'll cost to shoot (the specified donations to charity) and how much ammo they're gonna' let you try shooting.
Our group is going to bring out the hardware and ammo, for a specified donation to the charity we will let you try out whatever you would like to shoot. Attendees will also have to pay the normal Lytle Creek range entrance fee and sign their release waiver.
It might help if people knew how much money to bring, especially since it's cash only.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

Good stuff, Double Tap! Thanks for the heads-up.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

It's a good cause event, but it's NOT going to be a full-auto event. I got this in my email:
Mike,

Our event is NOT a full auto shoot. This is a California event. All firearms will be BATFE and California legal semi-automatics. If you are expecting to shoot fully automatic machine guns, you will be disappointed. This event is not what you are looking for.

So-Cal Beltfed Shooters
So I replied back with:
You'll have to excuse my ignorance due to reading your flier, which lists several normally full-auto weapons and does NOT state anywhere on the flier that these firearms are semi-auto only. It's extremely easy to make the assumption there will be full-auto fire there since no statement is made otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have quite a few unhappy people show up because the flier wasn't informative enough - even if it IS for a GREAT cause.

Mike
Here's part of the body of the flier (emphasis mine):
If you have ever wanted to shoot a 1919, 1917A1, M2HB, RPD, RPK, AR, AK, UZI, HK, FAL, .50 BMG rifle, etc, this is your chance to get some trigger time and help out a good cause at the same time. Our group is going to bring out the hardware and ammo, for a specified donation to the charity we will let you try out whatever you would like to shoot. Attendees will also have to pay the normal Lytle Creek range entrance fee and sign
their release waiver. All donations for shooting, food and the raffle (less food and ammunition
costs) will go to benefit the Wounded Warriors in California. We realize that many
will also want to bring their own guns out and make a day of it, so we are only reserving
the upper two firing lines. This will leave the rifle, pistol and shotgun areas open for your
regular use. We will be Bar-b-cueing hamburgers and hot dogs and also have drinks available
for a donation. Please join us for a charity event to benefit our Marines.
I do like their slogan, "Clothing Optional, Belts Required" with their crossed machine guns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.