CC's 3rd Annual Shooting Fiesta ATTENDANCE/LODGING SURVEY

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
JimTX

CC's 3rd Annual Shooting Fiesta ATTENDANCE/LODGING SURVEY

Post by JimTX »

Good evening, everyone! (& request this be made sticky post till the event?)

I'm looking forward to the event. Might I ask (and I presume CC will wanna know), who all is coming? Let me break it down to [strike]two[/strike] three responses, for an easy tally.

1. COMMITTED

2. TENTATIVE.

3. wishicouldbetherebutsorryican't

Okay, that's outta the way. Now then. Who all are bringing wife, or significant other? I'm still trying to get Iris to commit to going, and the more ladies there, the more likely it is that she'll join the festivities.

Finally, is there some concensus as to a favored choice for lodging? If Iris isn't coming, I'd gladly room-share. But I canna 'ford no Ritz-Carelton.

Oh, and I'll be bringing an idea to really add to the celebration. Set aside a $20 bill if you possibly can, and I'll explain it then. Parts of it gotta be kept Q.T., so I can't post it here. But I think you'll like it when I tellya, and will want to participate.

Regardless, I'll be a Saturday morning arrival, starting out early from Galvetraz. Seeya then!

Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX
randy

Re: CC's 3rd Annual Shooting Fiesta ATTENDANCE/LODGING SURVEY

Post by randy »

JimTX wrote:request this be made sticky post till the event?
So Let It Be Written!

So Let It Be Done!

(OBTW, Cat 3 here, damnit!)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rod

Post by Rod »

Arriving Friday morning with wife. We're staying at Homewood Suites at Ben White, near the airport. Wife's meeting a friend from college so the two of them MAY be with us part of Saturday. Her friend said, "I'd like to try shooting."
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

wishicouldbetherebutsorryican't
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Denis

Post by Denis »

wishicouldbetherebutsorryican't :cry:
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Unfortunately, work (in SC) calls...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

I'll be there. Are we meeting at the donut shop at William Cannon & Manchaca again?
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Yup, at the Donuts Shop 10 am.

I have Miss G&T and perhaps a few other women showing.

Jim, want to bring those wheel weights?
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
SoupOrMan

Re: CC's 3rd Annual Shooting Fiesta ATTENDANCE/LODGING SURV

Post by SoupOrMan »

Well, I will definitely be there, driving like a modest bat out of Heck from Illinois. Staying at the Super 8 Austin/ Airport South. It's close to what's left of Bergstrom AFB. I'll also be doing another non Guncounter-related meeting, as apparently there are a bunch of girls here with whom I play City of Heroes.

... and I know at least one of 'em is a woman. I met her before.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
cu74

Re: CC's 3rd Annual Shooting Fiesta ATTENDANCE/LODGING SURV

Post by cu74 »

I'll be driving down on Friday, weather permitting, ("weather permitting" is an obligatory Mid-West caveat - the weather bested me last year with snow/ice in Kansas and Oklahoma) Guess I'd best get with the program and find a hotel/motel. Anything planned as far as a Friday evening meet-up?
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.