Attempting to fix search

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Weetabix

Re: Attempting to fix search

Post by Weetabix »

I knew something was different, but I thought you had changed your hair style. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Alcibiades

Post by Alcibiades »

Wouldn't it be better just to pass it through a Google or other search engine site-search? They typically do a better job than most forum software.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Alcibiades wrote:Wouldn't it be better just to pass it through a Google or other search engine site-search? They typically do a better job than most forum software.
You can do your own by using Google and putting into the search box: search terms site:thguncounter.com, or "specific search terms" site:theguncounter.com
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Alcibiades

Post by Alcibiades »

308Mike wrote: You can do your own by using Google and putting into the search box: search terms site:thguncounter.com, or "specific search terms" site:theguncounter.com
Yes, I know that.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Alcibiades wrote:
308Mike wrote: You can do your own by using Google and putting into the search box: search terms site:thguncounter.com, or "specific search terms" site:theguncounter.com
Yes, I know that.
There's no way for me to know if you already knew that, plus there's a WHOLE LOT of other folks out there who probably weren't aware of such a feature of Google. We tend to view sharing of such information among our readers and members as a GOOD thing.

If you're aware of other particularly useful tips on searches, please let us know. Nobody can know EVERYTHING, but we can share (or not) what we DO know.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Alcibiades wrote:Wouldn't it be better just to pass it through a Google or other search engine site-search? They typically do a better job than most forum software.
The problem with that is I end up using Google. :evil: Another search engine site search is possible, but at that point, I'd rather just have our's working.
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN is right. :lol:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Jered wrote:HTRN is right. :lol:

Crap!!! Don't say that where he can hear you!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

308Mike wrote:
You can do your own by using Google and putting into the search box: search terms site:theguncounter.com, or "specific search terms" site:theguncounter.com

Thank you, I was not aware of that.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

First Shirt wrote:
Jered wrote:HTRN is right. :lol:

Crap!!! Don't say that where he can hear you!
Yeah, you never know when he's listening!

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt