Globally Banning all Eastern European and most asian address

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
FelixEstrella

Re: Globally Banning all Eastern European and west asian address

Post by FelixEstrella »

Darn! I was hoping to stay in touch from internet cafes in Prague, Brno and Velke Mezirici.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Rod

Re: Globally Banning all Eastern European and most asian address

Post by Rod »

Son of a gun! How are we secret agents in those areas gonna be able to visit here?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

Darn! I was hoping to stay in touch from internet cafes in Prague...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089222/
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
toad

Post by toad »

I've stopped going to a number of overseas sites because I start getting a lot of spam and have to start hitting the "this is spam" button.

Japan and Korea seem to be OK.

More and more I'm with that Air Force guy that said a 500 lb. bomb on an ISP may be the only practical way to "cure" the hacking and spamming.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I gave my email address to a Japanese guy at work, so he could send a picture he took of me, and now I get spam in Japanese. Apparently, it is possible to know the 747-400 inside and out, but not be able to figure out how to install anti-virus software.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Our precious bodily fluids remain intact and unsullied though, right?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Spatially Adjusted

Post by Spatially Adjusted »

Son of a gun! How are we secret agents in those areas gonna be able to visit here?
You obviously didn't get issued your sub-miniature cranial implant that gives you direct high bandwidth satellite linkage into any DoD and .gov domain. Next time you are by The Farm make sure you pick one up. Makes it much easier to check in here and into the Drudge Report from inside the Chinese labor camps out in Mongolia. :D
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

CByrneIV wrote:Right now, even after banning about 1/2 of the worlds IP addresses and domains, we're still seeing 30+ attempts to sign up spam accounts every day. They just use proxies in unallocated or abandoned netblocks (which I'm also blocking as I figure them out), and fake domain names.
Do they know they're trying to hack a forum where the membership has the objective capability to seize and hold the Horn of Africa indefinitely? Someone may want to let them know.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
randy

Post by randy »

We don't have a lot of money. But what we do have are a very particular set of skills....
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

geez Chris, I just flashed to Don Martin and "Spy vs Spy."

That dates me I s'pose.
:lol:
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story